We don't always get along but there is something I think we should ALL agree on.

The grind of the Blood Web has become ABYSMAL. I've never seen a game that punishes you for unlocking new content in such away. With every new set of perks that release you add 9 items to your blood web across all of your unlocked characters. The level of grind along with the battle pass just feels unacceptable. Every perk you unlock adds a total of 15k BP required to get every perk on a character. When it comes to Killers, it hurts like hell to have no control over what build I can run on my killer if I am unfortunate enough to not have found the perks I need after 50 levels.

There are currently 90 available killer perks which means there are 267 perk tiers available(A new killer will have tier one of each of their signature perks). Usually, after 50 levels on a killer, you can unlock 60 tiers of perks if you navigate the blood web perfectly for maximizing perk tiers. That means by Level 50(~10+ hours of play) You have only accessed 22% of your available perk tiers. To get the remaining 207 for 50k BP to clear a web post level 50 and 2 tiers per web it would cost 5.2 MILLION BP to max out every perk(after getting level 50) on a SINGLE killer. This math is worse for survivors given they have 101 available perks. When will BHVR do something about this? I want to show off my progression by prestiging my favorite killers but how can I if I have to commit so much to re unlock my favorite way to play them.

Here are my suggestions, most of which have been said before, to mitigate the time and frustration that comes with this grind.


1. REMOVE PERK TIERS

I know this has come up before and I would like some insight as to why this hasn't been done yet. I know the devs must have their reasons, but across the community, it is pretty much unanimous that perk tiers are no longer necessary with the insane abundance of content available for this game. I wish the devs were more open about the way the game's core progression is designed and what is stopping it from changing for the better.


2. Make the prestige process A LOT less painful.

This can be done by allowing us to choose a perk or two that will stay with your character permanently, even during future prestige. This allows us to take our favorite perks that define our play styles and carry them with us.

Another change I believe is necessary, is removing the lock on our perk slots from level 1-15 after a fresh prestige. We are not new players, there is no need to worry about overloading us with too many options.


3. If you won't remove perk tiers, give us more choice in the perks we unlock.

Why not implement an option between webs that lets us pick a perk that will show up on the next one. If that is too confusing there must be some way to increase our ability to guide our progression.

This is a problem that we all face and I would love to hear your input on the matter regardless of how you feel about the current state of the meta game (######### boons btw).

Comments

  • The grind made sense years ago when we had very few killers and survivors. Now, with so many of both, it just gets grindier and grindier with every chapter release.

    One of my first thoughts when something new comes out now is "great, now to level them up and everyone else to get their perk."

    Most perk tiers are completely useless, so at this point with so many of them, they need to remove the tiers.

  • @Marigoria said:

    The grind made sense years ago when we had very few killers and survivors. Now, with so many of both, it just gets grindier and grindier with every chapter release.

    One of my first thoughts when something new comes out now is "great, now to level them up and everyone else to get their perk."

    Most perk tiers are completely useless, so at this point with so many of them, they need to remove the tiers.

    I agree tiers got to go we are fastly approaching 300 perks and like you said you have to level up every killer and survivor to hopefully get them in your bloodweb that's ridiculous and something needs to be done about the grind

    I recently p3 deathslinger after I didn't for the longest time and he is now level 45 without ever seeing a tinker,pop,corrupt,stbfl,or M&A

    That's crazy

  • 1 million blood points can get a new character to only level 34-36, which is kind of dumb.

    But yeah, the grind is awful and needs some improvements. With the amount of characters we have in the game now, the grind definitely needs to be reduced.

  • Personally I don’t mind the bloodweb or prestiging, I just play with what I get. On the other hand if they got rid of the perk tiers and just made them all level 3 automatically I wouldn’t complain. (McClean mentioned on a recent stream I think that the original reason for having 3 tiers for perks was because there weren’t very many perks and add-ons at first and they didn’t want leveling up to be stale once you had all the perks, but now that the game has a ton more content they’re probably not needed.)

  • They should remove perk tiers and when it comes to prestiging have character levels go to 150 instead of resetting. Before when there were only 30 perks and 5 characters it made sense to have this type of grind to keep people playing. Now that the game has grown and continues to grow the grind is more overwhelming than it is fun and they need to make changes.

    Getting all the perks on a character without prestiging takes millions of bloodpoints, millions more if you do reset. They should definitely remove the reset requirement and instead make it every 50 levels up to 150 to prestige.

    3 tiers of perks is pointless addition to the grind - either remove it or change to allow players to switch between which tier they want to use. If there's no point aside from adding to the grind there is 0 reason to keep them.

    The grind in this game is why if I ever logged in one day and all my stuff was removed I wouldn't bother contacting support for the few million BP they think makes up it. I'd uninstall and never look back.

  • @bm33 said:

    They should remove perk tiers and when it comes to prestiging have character levels go to 150 instead of resetting. Before when there were only 30 perks and 5 characters it made sense to have this type of grind to keep people playing. Now that the game has grown and continues to grow the grind is more overwhelming than it is fun and they need to make changes.

    Getting all the perks on a character without prestiging takes millions of bloodpoints, millions more if you do reset. They should definitely remove the reset requirement and instead make it every 50 levels up to 150 to prestige.

    3 tiers of perks is pointless addition to the grind - either remove it or change to allow players to switch between which tier they want to use. If there's no point aside from adding to the grind there is 0 reason to keep them.

    The grind in this game is why if I ever logged in one day and all my stuff was removed I wouldn't bother contacting support for the few million BP they think makes up it. I'd uninstall and never look back.

    Never thought about the level 150 thing. prestige 1 level 50, prestige 2 level 100 and prestige 3 level 150, and you wouldnt need to reset everything and lose all the perks/addons/offerings/items. I really like that.

  • For the prestige i have an idea: Let the player choose what prestige he want, because some prestige are less interesting than other, like the PH head.

  • While I agree with removing perk tiers, it is kind of just kicking the can down the road.


    The real problem is that every time you add a new character, you

    1) Add a whole new character to unlock ~100 perks on.

    2)Add 3 perks that must be unlocked on over 20 previous characters. This of course gets worse and worse with every release because you add 3 to 20 and then add 3 to 21 then 3 to 22 then 3 23 and so an and so forth.


    Sure removing tiers cuts down the work each perk adds by 1/3, but the grind still has a problem with it's growth rate where in every time a character is added to the game, the grind gets worse.

    I think a final solution would have to be something like, remove perk tiers, make it so prestiging a characters unlocks 1 of their 3 perks on all other characters without having to level those characters, and make it so you don't lose your stuff for prestiging anymore.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2702225#Comment_2702225

    Never thought about the level 150 thing. prestige 1 level 50, prestige 2 level 100 and prestige 3 level 150, and you wouldnt need to reset everything and lose all the perks/addons/offerings/items. I really like that.

    I can't take credit for the idea, someone else suggested it in last Q&A question about prestige and I think BHVR really should go with it. I just keep repeating it because the current system made when there were 30 perks is so outdated when there's 100 perks on each side and growing.

  • Just lower the prices by xy% in the web - easy solution without having to do anything.

  • @SkeletalElite said:

    While I agree with removing perk tiers, it is kind of just kicking the can down the road.

    The real problem is that every time you add a new character, you

    1) Add a whole new character to unlock ~100 perks on.

    2)Add 3 perks that must be unlocked on over 20 previous characters. This of course gets worse and worse with every release because you add 3 to 20 and then add 3 to 21 then 3 to 22 then 3 23 and so an and so forth.

    Sure removing tiers cuts down the work each perk adds by 1/3, but the grind still has a problem with it's growth rate where in every time a character is added to the game, the grind gets worse.

    I think a final solution would have to be something like, remove perk tiers, make it so prestiging a characters unlocks 1 of their 3 perks on all other characters without having to level those characters, and make it so you don't lose your stuff for prestiging anymore.

    While I do agree with most of your post the one thing I don't really mesh with is not losing your perks on prestige. The point of prestige in any game is to reset progression to allow the game to not be terribly stale for long term players. The issue with a prestige system is when you are totally crippled compared to whatever you had before. If the grind is reduced i'd like to think the prestige system would be adjusted to reward past prestige 3 and offer more and more benefits to commiting to a character and redoing their progression over and over again. It would serve as the "true" grind for players who are really dedicated to them game rather than the insane BP grind just to get the most fun you can out of it.