Why is the Artist a 115%?

I thought that a killer that had a big range attack or a very strong power in general was turned into a 110% to make it more "fair". But why is the Artist a 115% then? Deathslinger/ Trickster aren't that powerful, and they are 110%: unlike the new killer. Why not let all killers be 115% anyway then?

Comments

  • @Faulds said:

    I thought that a killer that had a big range attack or a very strong power in general was turned into a 110% to make it more "fair". But why is the Artist a 115% then? Deathslinger/ Trickster aren't that powerful, and they are 110%: unlike the new killer. Why not let all killers be 115% anyway then?

    Plague is 115%, Pyramid head too.

    Let's be honest, if you got injured on long distance against her, it's 100% on you. It should never happen.


    Then we have Deathslinger, 110% with normal TR...

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/300593/why-is-the-artist-a-115

    Plague is 115%, Pyramid head too.

    Let's be honest, if you got injured on long distance against her, it's 100% on you. It should never happen.

    Then we have Deathslinger, 110% with normal TR...

    If you read my post entirely you'd see that i was not criticizing the artist being a 115% in itself... but the fact that other weaker killers are 110%; and that i think that making a killer a 110% doesn't look necessary to me.

  • @Faulds said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2701790#Comment_2701790

    If you read my post entirely you'd see that i was not criticizing the artist being a 115% in itself... but the fact that other weaker killers are 110%; and that i think that making a killer a 110% doesn't look necessary to me.

    Even when I read it again and I didn't understand this from it. It sounded more like you want Artist to be 110% to be honest, but if you mean it this way, then sure.

    Deathslinger should be 115% with his bigger TR, but it wouldn't save him imo. My main issue with him is ADS mechanic, it just feels terrible to use for me. I play FPS games a lot and this just feels super clumsy for me. Main problem is that it is just slow, so it is hard to use on closer range, but projectile is also slow, so it is hard to use on long range too and worst is that you don't even have guaranteed down from it, they can get blocked by teammate, stuck on some object, over pallet etc.

    Well, that turned to why Deathslinger sucks... my bad


    Huntress should stay 110% imo, but it would be interesting to test if she would overperform as 115%. I am not sure about Trickster, he is quite decent after all those buffs and I enjoy playing him.

    Huntress zoning is really good, so it might an issue, but hard to tell without testing. I wish they would test things like this more, it should not really be hard to implement. Just keep it for a month, see results and either keep it or change it back.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2701792#Comment_2701792

    Even when I read it again and I didn't understand this from it. It sounded more like you want Artist to be 110% to be honest, but if you mean it this way, then sure.

    Deathslinger should be 115% with his bigger TR, but it wouldn't save him imo. My main issue with him is ADS mechanic, it just feels terrible to use for me. I play FPS games a lot and this just feels super clumsy for me. Main problem is that it is just slow, so it is hard to use on closer range, but projectile is also slow, so it is hard to use on long range too and worst is that you don't even have guaranteed down from it, they can get blocked by teammate, stuck on some object, over pallet etc.

    Well, that turned to why Deathslinger sucks... my bad

    Huntress should stay 110% imo, but it would be interesting to test if she would overperform as 115%. I am not sure about Trickster, he is quite decent after all those buffs and I enjoy playing him.

    If you're coherent with the game design, the Artist should be a 110% when you compare her to other killers. But i don't like 110%, i'd rather have them all being turned into 115%. I don't like what's not coherent. You should always follow the rules you designed, or just not set them to begin with.

  • @Faulds said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2701798#Comment_2701798

    If you're coherent with the game design, the Artist should be a 110% when you compare her to other killers. But i don't like 110%, i'd rather have them all being turned into 115%. I don't like what's not coherent. You should always follow the rules you designed, or just not set them to begin with.

    You already have ranged killers that are 115%, so it's not really incoherent this way.

    It's not about just ranged killers. Nurse is 96.25% and Spirit is 110%.

    You can easily argue that some killers who are 110% should be 115% I can agree with that. Deathslinger is main candidate for it. They have done it in past, Legion for example used to be 110%.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2701804#Comment_2701804

    You already have ranged killers that are 115%, so it's not really incoherent this way.

    It's not about just ranged killers. Nurse is 96.25% and Spirit is 110%.

    You can easily argue that some killers who are 110% should be 115% I can agree with that. Deathslinger is main candidate for it. They have done it in past, Legion for example used to be 110%.

    So why did they make her a 115% and not slinger/ trickster/ huntress? When you compare ranged killers with the same kind of range (nemesis and pyramid head are short ranged killers) that doesn't make much sense in my opinion.


  • @Faulds said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2701809#Comment_2701809

    So why did they make her a 115% and not slinger/ trickster/ huntress? When you compare ranged killers with the same kind of range (nemesis and pyramid head are short ranged killers) that doesn't make much sense in my opinion.

    Plague has decent range and again Nurse, Spirit are not even ranged but they deserve reduced movement speed.

    Huntress is most likely from all of them to get long range hits. So I would say it is deserved for her.

    I don't think it is deserved for Deathslinger at all since he got bigger TR, his range is limited, his downs are not even guaranteed and he just have more limitations compare to other ranged killers.


    I am not sure about Trickster, he can get really fast downs on short range, some loops are just useless against him, when he can throw knives over it. I would say it is deserved, but it is close...

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2701810#Comment_2701810

    Plague has decent range and again Nurse, Spirit are not even ranged but they deserve reduced movement speed.

    Huntress is most likely from all of them to get long range hits. So I would say it is deserved for her.

    I don't think it is deserved for Deathslinger at all since he got bigger TR, his range is limited, his downs are not even guaranteed and he just have more limitations compare to other ranged killers.

    I am not sure about Trickster, he can get really fast downs on short range, some loops are just useless against him, when he can throw knives over it. I would say it is deserved, but it is close...

    Plague has short range, she doesn't puke across the map. She's as much of a short ranged killer as nemesis and pyramid head.

    Spirit and Hag are 110%... but aren't ranged killers. So yeah, they don't really have a set rule for what should be a 115 or 110%.

    I think we could do without 110% to be honest.

  • @Faulds said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2701815#Comment_2701815

    Plague has short range, she doesn't puke across the map. She's as much of a short ranged killer as nemesis and pyramid head.

    Spirit and Hag are 110%... but aren't ranged killers. So yeah, they don't really have a set rule for what should be a 115 or 110%.

    I think we could do without 110% to be honest.

    Spirit, Nurse and Hag should be with lower movement speed for sure... Huntress probably too. All of them are already strong killers, not really need for a buff.

    Deathslinger shouldn't be 110% and Trickster can be argued about...

    I mean Plague's range is +/- same as Deathslinger and you can actually get hits over walls and pallets.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2701821#Comment_2701821

    Spirit, Nurse and Hag should be with lower movement speed for sure... Huntress probably too. All of them are already strong killers, not really need for a buff.

    Deathslinger shouldn't be 110% and Trickster can be argued about...

    I mean Plague's range is +/- same as Deathslinger and you can actually get hits over walls and pallets.

    Nurse is an exception since she's way below 110%. But for the others... some would really need the help, and others wouldn't make them more busted than what they already are anyway.

  • I wouldn’t be opposed to Deathslinger being 115%. Artist doesn’t need to be 110% though.

  • @Faulds said:

    I thought that a killer that had a big range attack or a very strong power in general was turned into a 110% to make it more "fair". But why is the Artist a 115% then? Deathslinger/ Trickster aren't that powerful, and they are 110%: unlike the new killer. Why not let all killers be 115% anyway then?

    All Killers being 115% would be too much for some Killers, Nurse, Spirit and Huntress come to mind. Deathslinger should definitely be 115% tho, he's the only Killer in the game with a 32 Meter Terror Radius while being 110% which is just too much

  • Some killers need to stay 110% or else they would be really unbalanced (Huntress, Nurse, Hag, and Spirit for example).

    Deathslinger should be 115% along with Trickster (If he gets a few changes to compensate).

    As for Artist, I think she's fine as a 115% killer. Plague is 115% and she has about the same power strength as Artist.

  • Artist is a 4.6 m/s killer because she is more so a trap killer than a ranged killer. Her power doesn't damage at long range unless you are already hit by an attack earlier, and at close range you are telegraphed exactly when and where the trap is placed and the direction it is facing. You have ample opportunities to avoid these attacks by leaving the loop and avoiding the ranged follow-up.

    If she were 110% then her counter of "holding w" would become much worse.

    Compare these to slinger and huntress, a quickly released projectile directly from the killer. These killers also perform better against "holding w" because they can attack someone running to a different loop. Artist can't do that unless the survivor is oblivious and not looking behind them, something you'll never see at high MMR.

  • I don't think she needs to be 110% killer.

    She's just same as Freddy before nerf and I don't see her to be unfair with 115% speed.