Can we stop acting like high mmr or high level dbd means something?

I tend to notice a lot when people are talking about the state of the game or the balance, everyone loves bringing up high mmr or bring high level play (doesn't exist) into said arguments. Slapping on Meta perks or playing against Meta perks doesn't mean your good or bad at the game. I can almost guarantee that nobody knows their mmr on killer or survivor.

Comments

  • You're right. I don't need MMR to know that I'm good. Kidding. Mostly.


    Also, what kind of argument are you even aiming for? High-level play, by the very nature of the game, DOES exist

  • @Pulsar said:

    You're right. I don't need MMR to know that I'm good.

    Also, what kind of argument are you even aiming for? High-level play, by the very nature of the game, DOES exist

    My whole point is when people are talking about bad they killer games are or balance of the game or if u simply just disagree with them then they bring up mmr stating your killer mmr could be low because you don't run into seal team 6 every game like they claim they do.

  • @kingsparda97 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2701763#Comment_2701763

    My whole point is when people are talking about bad they killer games are or balance of the game or if u simply just disagree with them then they bring up mmr stating your killer mmr could be low because you don't run into seal team 6 every game like they claim they do.

    There is something to be said for that though.

    Obviously, if you are good st the game, it's more likely you'll play against a hit squad. You just have to really take that statement and trust them. If what they are saying makes sense, and they clearly understand the game and what they need to do to win at high-level play, their claim may be true.

  • @kingsparda97 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2701763#Comment_2701763

    My whole point is when people are talking about bad they killer games are or balance of the game or if u simply just disagree with them then they bring up mmr stating your killer mmr could be low because you don't run into seal team 6 every game like they claim they do.

    There is something to be said for that though.

    Obviously, if you are good st the game, it's more likely you'll play against a hit squad. You just have to really take that statement and trust them. If what they are saying makes sense, and they clearly understand the game and what they need to do to win at high-level play, their claim may be true.

  • You don't really need SWF to get destroyed. Just 4 decent survivors who know how to hold m1 and hold W...

    You can kinda guess your MMR based on playtime of players you are playing against. It's not good way, but best we have.

    I think it works at least for me. When I play killers where I try to keep MMR low (Pig, Legion), I see usually around 500 hours, then I have Nemesis, Blight and Oni where I see around 3k.

  • @kingsparda97 said:

    I tend to notice a lot when people are talking about the state of the game or the balance, everyone loves bringing up high mmr or bring high level play (doesn't exist) into said arguments. Slapping on Meta perks or playing against Meta perks doesn't mean your good or bad at the game. I can almost guarantee that nobody knows their mmr on killer or survivor.

    your right meta perks don't mean your playing good survivors its how they use meta perks that lets you know. does David deadhard into a wall or out in the open, yes then your probably in lower mmr but if that David deadhards to a pallet or a window extending the chase by half a gen then they're probably pretty good. also there's there skill in looping and game awareness that gives it a way.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2701769#Comment_2701769

    There is something to be said for that though.

    Obviously, if you are good st the game, it's more likely you'll play against a hit squad. You just have to really take that statement and trust them. If what they are saying makes sense, and they clearly understand the game and what they need to do to win at high-level play, their claim may be true.

    Rule of thumb should be to provide footage of said match as your example.

  • @Myla said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2701772#Comment_2701772

    Rule of thumb should be to provide footage of said match as your example.

    Sure, but not everyone has recording equipment.

  • I mean you have a built in recording for Console and PC. That's the case for my PS4(unless you have switch I guess) and my PC even then it's like a fast download to get one on the microsoft store. It's literally just a few clicks away to get one.

  • The irony is that most people think they are high mmr, they are the epitome of the illusory superiority cognitive bias were 70% of the population think they are above average when in fact they are part of the average statistic instead LOL

  • Literally everyone on PC has recording equipment. WIN + G is built into Windows. Only a consoler would have this problem.

  • I don't have DbD on Switch but it has game recording (30 seconds I think) and has to be enabled by developers.

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2701782#Comment_2701782

    Literally everyone on PC has recording equipment. WIN + G is built into Windows. Only a consoler would have this problem.

    And that's a huge amount of people

  • High level play displays its importance in regards to balance.

    When you have survivors dominating over the killer with a build otherwise considered op by the Casual majority; it shows that its not the killer's design but the survivor's shortcomings which result in anything more than a 2k.

    Balance changes need to be made with peak performance in mind to highlight the difference between bad design or player mistakes. Mistakes can't be balanced for as they are random and inconsistent.

  • When people talk about high skill or MMR they mean against people that are good at the game. It is easy to see who is, and who isn't good at the game. High level play definitely exists. If it didn't, people wouldn't complain so much about there being no balance at that level.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/300588/can-we-stop-acting-like-high-mmr-or-high-level-dbd-means-something

    I do very much know my MMR though...?

    High level of play does exist...? Not sure what you're trying to say here

    Really? What is your MMR number?