Do you like to use Cut Coin (killer offering that reduces number of chests by 2)
For reference, the default number of chests in a match is 3. The killer very rare purple offering Cut Coin reduces the number by 2, so without any other modifiers in play there will be only one chest on the map.
I’m curious, do you like to use Cut Coin when you have one available? Obviously fewer chests means potentially fewer tool kits or med kits to deal with, but on the other hand it means giving up using a Bloodpoint offering or hook distance reduction or Mori.
Comments
I usually bring BP offerings, but if not those then it'll most likely be Cut Coin.
Cut coin is not worth it tbh. Especially at higher ranks. For the most part, the time used by survivors to search chests is time they're not on gens. Higher rank survivors practically never search chests and tryhard survivors bring good items with them. So really the only people searching chests are bad / new / doing a challenge / having fun. And well, that's fine for you. Sure they might find a toolbox or medkit that saves them 10s on gens or healing. But it costs them 30s while you were chasing somebody else down. Let them have their fun, it gives you more time.
You could much better use an offering that actually helps you instead of just annoying survivors that wanted to search some chests, especially since you're not hurting them. It's not like they search the chest and it's just empty or smt. Instead they're just gonna be on a gen instead.
Agreed ^
Just about the only time a survivor should actually be searching a chest to benefit the team surviving is when they desperately need a heal for a late save and they can't find anybody/it's just them left. Since I'm going to go ahead and assume that the basement chest is always the one that is left, cut coin barely even influences that situation positively, as that's where they'll look for it anyway. So therefore the only real influence it has on the game is to stop the survivors from being their usual idiot selves and force them to actually try to escape. 75% of the time, you're making the game harder for yourself by bringing this offering, whilst making the game less fun for 80% of the players in the game.
Also, having the middle option as 50% of the time you own one is crazy talk. The middle option... The top option should have been maybe 25%+...
P.S. At least 95% of the killer offerings I play are BP. If I don't have any, I'll sink a couple of million more BP into that killer so that I do.
I don't think it's useful for the killer unless you are playing as Hag, and even then it's quite suboptimal. For other killers it's a harmful offering, an equivalent of spawn-together offerings for survivors.
I'm honestly just guessing at the basement thing😂 It just seems logical to me.
I don't have a lot of Cut Coins on any of my killers. BUT, if I do have them, I usually burn them when the survivors have either 1 or none items. So I don't have to deal with nasty surprises later. :P
Cut coin just feels like a relic of the past where getting items from the blood web was much more expensive and thus searching chests was more advantageous.
As it currently stands its just there to be annoying to anyone who's doing archives and should probably be replaced/removed.
I rarely use it, only becaise it seldom appears in randomizers. However, I'd keep it as it's one of the few map-altering offerings about. At least all the coin offerings make a difference to the trial, in some form. Less can be said about offerings like the luck pouches.
I only use the Cut Coin when I don't have any BP or Mori offerings left.
Other than BP offerings I don't bring offerings very often in general on either side. Cut Coin is no exception.
It doesn't really benefit me, and it's needlessly mean to people who are trying to do a chest or item-related challenge.