Genuine feedback on how to improve your game for all players. [Please read Mods/Devs]
Hello to whomever reads this, hope you are doing well.
It is no secret that the Dead By Daylight community is a very divided one, and not just between Survivors vs. Killer.
I have played and watched countless hours of this game at all levels, and I have confidence in the feedback I am submitting. I hope sincerely that both players, Moderators and maybe even Developers take the time to read this.
To start off,
PERKS:
Dead Hard: Needs to be changed. It is easily the most used Survivor perk at high levels of play, and for good reason. It is free invincible distance that can be used multiple times between 4 players, it may as well be a third health state. Either the distance needs to be toned down or the invincibility needs to go entirely. Also, it should NOT work on Killer powers, especially Trapper traps.
Circle of Healing: Shouldn't need an explanation, but it basically creates a zone or multiple zones of healing for the entire team across a very large range. Right away the range should not be larger than 16 meters, maybe even less. The range makes it stupidly powerful on indoor maps such as The Game, Midwitch, etc. The healing is fast and far too free, the perk either needs a Cooldown, or the healing speed needs to be reduced drastically. You shouldn't feel safe in DBD, there should be no "safe zones". Going out of the way to snuff something that will return 20 seconds later makes me just want to tunnel out the ones with the Boon perks, sorry not sorry.
These are the biggest offenders imo in terms of perks, and frankly no Killer perk rivals them in power, not even NOED. These are the only ones who I think must change for the game to improve, and besides that, perk changes should be monthly. Waiting multiple months for only a handful of perks out of almost 200 to change is just not acceptable, find some courage and change more perks guys. If you make some too strong then at least we get variety and they can be nerfed later, nothing is permanent.
MECHANICS:
Medkits: Simply too strong and easily the best Survivor item to bring. A good medkit with the best addons means a Killer who doesn't commit to a chase with you is at a massive disadvantage, considering as Killer you simply cannot afford to dedicate to certain chases. I stand firmly by the idea that no medkit should heal you more than once. Being able to heal yourself for free multiple times a match is simply too strong when it comes at no cost, Boons are too strong but you have to at least choose a spot and Boon a totem, and Self Care takes a long time.
MMR: MMR is not diverse enough in how it values players and their skill level. You need to include completing Gens, chases, healing/downing Survivors, hooks/being hooked, etc. The Claudette who hid all game is not a better player than the Jake who did 3 Gens, looped the Killer for 3 minutes, healed teammates but ended up Sacrificed first hook.
SoloQ: Solo players are at a much harsher disadvantage vs. Survive With Friends, and it shows. The biggest difference is information, so it should be changed to try and lessen this gap without making Killer even harder.
Make half of Kindred basekit, Survivors can see other Survivors when an ally is hooked. This helps them make an informed decision, but they do not know where the Killer is, which is a powerful aspect of Kindred and doesn't invalidate it as a perk.
And FINALLY,
Generators: Generators are the key mechanic in DBD that both Killer and Survivor play around. Survivors must complete them, Killers must Sacrifice the Survivors before they can do so and escape. Spawns in DBD are too harsh for Killer, thank you for Lethal Pursuer highlighting this beyond a shadow of a doubt.
So what do you do? I think we should bring back the discussion of finding parts for Generators.
Here is my idea:
Generators take 25 additional seconds to complete. The game now starts with 5 Generator Parts that the Survivors can see at all times, spawning randomly. Adding a part to a generator now highlights it for all Survivors. Picking up a part will not make you drop your item, being Sacrificed while holding a part will drop it at the hook for allies to pick up. Killer cannot interact with parts.
Adding a part to a generator slashes off 25% of the Generator progress, and this progress cannot regress in any form. It remains permanent and no perks will change this, unless specified otherwise. There is no limit to the amount of parts that can be added to a Generator, unless it is completed.
This not only encourages Survivors to do something other than sit on Gens, it takes the edge off of Killer who has to worry about Survivors simply auto doing every Gen they spawn on automatically. I sincerely believe this is a good idea, even if some values can be adjusted. It also offers strategy, do you stack parts on 1 Gen or do you spread out?
FINAL THOUGHTS:
DBD is a very unique game, but I think I speak for everyone when I say it could be better. And not everyone will agree with my suggestions, but I speak from the bottom of my heart when I say these changes could genuinely improve the game for everyone. These are not the only things that need to change, but speaking in terms of pure gameplay, these are the biggest issues the game currently has.
I genuinely hope someone takes the time out of their day and genuinely considers the changes I have offered to the game in hopes of making it a better experience for everyone involved.
Thank you.
Comments
Agree on DeadHard being incredibly annoying and wayyyy to overly used (similar to old DS). I think the essential "third health state" thing is okay (AS ANNOYING AS IT IS) but it shouldn't counter trappers traps (is that the only power it counters?). A very small distance reduction and/or maybe adding a small penalty after being hit with it? like getting hit after while DeadHarding with put on a deepwound affect. Honestly that sounds okay since the long you have it the harder it becomes to see.
Boons in general are annoying as killer, I agree. I think the range is not horrible. My problem is the multi floor application like you said. A lot of mechanics in general should not be multifloor. As annoying as they are I think an okay solution is a 30sec (or 60 sec) cool-down to placing another boon once it's been distinguished by the killer.
I agree with everything on this list! Good job!