So Ringu is the original Ring?

So Ringu came first, then the American Ring remake which is the same story.

So you can watch the American remake of the Ring and be able to say you watched Ringu because its basically the same thing?

Comments

  • It's worth watching both. Try to get subtitled Ringu at least.

  • @Ripley said:

    It's worth watching both. Try to get subtitled Ringu at least.

    Well thats why i asked, if they're pretty much the same movie, i can just watch the American remake and actually be able to understand what people are saying

  • The Ring is a solid movie, definitely worth seeing. ๐Ÿ™‚

  • @dugman said:

    The Ring is a solid movie, definitely worth seeing. ๐Ÿ™‚

    I've seen the Ring

    I'm asking does that mean i've basically seen Ringu already

    Are they the same thing?

  • The original is better though. The American version ruined the atmosphere imo.

  • If you like the story enough you might be open to watching different telling of it. It has been a very long time since I saw both but I still think it is worth watching both versions if you are a horror fan.

  • @Labrac said:

    The original is better though. The American version ruined the atmosphere imo.

    I thought it was solid

    At least i could understand them :P

  • The Ring was good but the Grudge was a bit scarier for me - the noise from the "monster" in the grudge...

  • apparently the chapter might not even be based on the Japanese movie but on the book (which the movie was itself based on)