How would you guys like a randomize loadout feature

Like it could be an offering that randomizes everything you have unlocked on that character for maybe a bp bonus as a suggestion. It becomes a problem when you have 60 odd perks on a toon and your looking for a new build to try. At least this way it could help you find new builds for the meta and some combinations you mightve never thought about before could easily be discovered. Granted i realize this can backfire totally at times but theres gotta be some merit to it

Comments

  • I’d love a random select button on the character selection menu to pick a random killer. Likewise for a random selection button on the loadout screen.

    Honestly I’m not sure why they never put these in, it seems like a pretty simple feature that’s pretty common in these sorts of games where you have a big roster of characters to choose from for relatively short multiplayer competitive matches (e.g. I think virtually all fighting games have random character select). There’s a niche website or two that gives you randomized suggestions but then you still have to manually swap back and forth between that and the game to set it up, it’d be way faster if it was just a button in the game.

    The only thing I can think is they don’t think there’s enough interest in it to devote time to putting it in? I mean it seems like a straightforward feature to add to me but who knows, maybe it’s more complicated than I think? I wish they’re take a chance on it though, I’d use it at least. 🤷‍♂️

  • Well im more talking about random perks than random character i guess they are both basically the same idea but from a survivor pov every survivor is just a fancy skin where as killers i guess take a lot more planning to setup. If i was to pick one reason why they havent is probably due to the fact that it really wouldnt work the same on killers and surv otherwise wed probably have it by now.

  • I was about to say, I personally wouldn't use it but I could see certain people enjoying it. They should add it. Then I realized that I probably would but maybe not exactly as intended.

    I wouldn't ever run a fully randomized loadout. But what I could easily see myself doing is pushing the random button, then making a loadout around whatever perk ended up in my first slot.

  • @FFirebrandd said:

    I was about to say, I personally wouldn't use it but I could see certain people enjoying it. They should add it. Then I realized that I probably would but maybe not exactly as intended.

    I wouldn't ever run a fully randomized loadout. But what I could easily see myself doing is pushing the random button, then making a loadout around whatever perk ended up in my first slot.

    Like what if we could say lock in a perk and it just randomizes the other slots

  • @GuyFawx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2696721#Comment_2696721

    Like what if we could say lock in a perk and it just randomizes the other slots

    You could do that, but that's not exactly what I meant by that post.

    I enjoy the process of making and trying builds, but I do have a tendency to find a build I like and then stick with it for quite a while (load out slots when?). A feature to give me a 100% random loadout isn't appealing to me. What I'd do is use the random load out button to pick ONE of my perks, then I build around it to make it as good as possible.