Dark/No Light Through out WHOLE game

Screenshot (3).png dbd.jpg dbd2.jpg dbd3.jpg

After patching to 5.4.1 I started the game and straight away on the loading screen informing me of the save mechanic, the DBD logo cannot be seen.

Entered menus - Could see menu options but the background showing killers/survs was dark - lights turned off. Only light visible was campfire and Christmas lights.

Entered Load Out screen - Same

Loaded into a game just to check - same, can only see Xmas lights and the killers red stain and what ever the killers red stain shone on to like a torch. everything else was total darkness.

Similar to "The Game" Map - But everywhere. Even on menu/lobby/store etc...

Below ar pictures - I was on the Mccmillan Estate.

This was NOT just the map, But every menu in the WHOLE game. I cannot play the game

Tagged: Pending

Comments

  • Dude funny ######### I have right the opposite

    image.png


  • It's something to do with the app data in documents and then delete the DBD folder. No idea if that will make any sense to you but it takes like 2 minutes to do it. So deleting the app data is the fix.

  • @Fantasy said:

    It's something to do with the app data in documents and then delete the DBD folder. No idea if that will make any sense to you but it takes like 2 minutes to do it. So deleting the app data is the fix.

    This worked perfectly, thank you!

    Anyone else having this issue on Steam:

    Close game first!

    1. Type into Search bar on windows - %LocalAppData%
    2. Scroll down to DeadByDaylight folder
    3. Delete this folder.
    4. Restart game. The game should automatically download this folder again (Basically resetting it)

    I kept the original file in my waste basket just in case ha, but it worked fine.