So why do we balance around people not doing gens?

Is there an actual reason we balance around players not doing the only objective?

Curious....

Comments

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Who says we do?

    The game. The mass amount of players that still dont do generators.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2689707#Comment_2689707

    The game. The mass amount of players that still dont do generators.

    They’ve never said they balance around that

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    Is there an actual reason we balance around players not doing the only objective?

    Curious....

    It's because they're too busy finding totems to bless so the game drags out like 10 minutes longer because someone wants to waste over a minute to find and bless a totem to have the perk self care equipped, or because for some reason they find it fun to hide the whole game and not do anything, whenever I don't have a squad I just play killer because at least that way I'm responsible for myself and I can't lose because of someone else's mistakes solo survivor is too frustrating these days you'd think by 5 years into the game people would understand how fast gens go if you just separate and do them

  • The games balance shows we do... and the fact I'm forced to do long chases and most of the gens for it to be close just proves it. If everyone played like me the killer loses.

    And god forbid you go play killer without corrupt so every survivor spawns on a gen and you physically cant stop.

    You dont even have to loop well if you do gens.

  • @The_Krapper said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/299428/so-why-do-we-balance-around-people-not-doing-gens

    It's because they're too busy finding totems to bless so the game drags out like 10 minutes longer because someone wants to waste over a minute to find and bless a totem to have the perk self care equipped, or because for some reason they find it fun to hide the whole game and not do anything, whenever I don't have a squad I just play killer because at least that way I'm responsible for myself and I can't lose because of someone else's mistakes solo survivor is too frustrating these days you'd think by 5 years into the game people would understand how fast gens go if you just separate and do them

    Its honestly ridiculous at this point, I dont mind someone doing a boon but the fact that's all they do, place a boon, move on place a boon. Or they just hide for altruism saves, I'll be working on a gen injured and they just tbag next to me for the whole time...

    And now the event... my whole team is just jumping into snowmen at game start walking towards the killer...

    Like this isnt fun for me... fact I do like a 3min chase most games and not one gen pops is stupid.

    I have no idea what goes through people's heads nowadays, why play a game you arent going to do the main objective in or actually play

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2689724#Comment_2689724

    Its honestly ridiculous at this point, I dont mind someone doing a boon but the fact that's all they do, place a boon, move on place a boon. Or they just hide for altruism saves, I'll be working on a gen injured and they just tbag next to me for the whole time...

    And now the event... my whole team is just jumping into snowmen at game start walking towards the killer...

    Like this isnt fun for me... fact I do like a 3min chase most games and not one gen pops is stupid.

    I have no idea what goes through people's heads nowadays, why play a game you arent going to do the main objective in or actually play

    Lmao I agree and if you talk to most killer mains on here they complain about the snowmen like it's an invincibility whenever they hop in a snowman, you've got all these survivors trying to get you to pop them out of the snowman for free pressure because you're right on top of them when it pops and there isn't a speed boost so you're essentially trading a health state and if you get in the snowman to find the killer you're wasting a minute or more to actually get their attention to pop it and gens aren't popping I honestly don't understand where these complaints come from like how bad at the game do you have to be to complain about free slowdowns and hits?

  • Because, if they didn't, they'd have to buff Killers which is something they hate

  • There's also that thread about Otz and it's full of comments saying it shouldn't be balanced on killers capable of killing survivors who DO gens.

    I guess the problem is that we don't leave many options to the devs.