When a discussion is closed can a moderator tell us why?

I don't feel like that's a lot to ask for. Sometimes it's self evident because you can click into it and see that it's been moved to Feedback, where it remains open, but many times a contentious thread is closed without explanation.

Being contentious alone is not a particularly good reason to close a thread, I think we'd all appreciate clarification on these threads that we're passionate about.

Comments

  • They generally do? But oftentimes they close it and handle related thread cleaning before typing up the post concluding the thread, so there can be a delay. If you're talking about the thread I think you're talking about, give it another fifteen minutes.

    Edit: Yep, literally just went up as I sent this.

  • @Laluzi said:

    They generally do? But oftentimes they close it and handle related thread cleaning before typing up the post concluding the thread, so there can be a delay. If you're talking about the thread I think you're talking about, give it another fifteen minutes.

    Edit: Yep, literally just went up as I sent this.

    You are right, that's what I get for being impatient.