Is Grim Embrace good and worth a perk slot?
in Polls
Simple question. Please, do not vote if you never played with/against it or are rather new to the game.
If you pick Other, please write what do you actually think about it.
Comments
My take on Grim Embrace is that it meets the bare minimum criteria to not be a bad perk, but I'd struggle to justify running it over other perks that serve similar functions.
In my opinion Grim Embrace is just okay, and works fine if you want to do the Artist's adept challenge or if you just haven't unlocked better perks yet, but if you've got access to everything it'll rarely make an appearance.
@jesterkind Yeah it's in a weird spot... It kind of encourages the 'healthy' gameplay of going for 12 chases and hooks... but the reward is too small to justify not targeting only two people back and forth.
Compared to No Way Out (which is very similiar perk) it is trash. 30 seconds is just not enough. I woud like to see something added to it... maybe give permanent 1/2/3% movement speed bonus for the killer (and it can only if exit gates are not powered yet, but once you get this bonus it stays for ever). I would actually try and get this.
If you can get 4 hooks in the current game climate without the game being close to over then yes. If you can't for whatever reason then no, but I don't think it specifically needs a buff. It's definitely meant for killers that can snowball early, but for killers who don't snowball I don't see a lot of value for this perk coming unless you take something like make your choice with it.
It has many problems, but imo the worse is that it makes a lot harder to find survivors when it's active because they won't be at gens, where they are most commonly found. Those 40 seconds imo will be wasted most of the times unless you're lucky.
It's okay, but it needs some adjustments to be reliable.
Good idea but it probably needs a buff. I’d be for maybe having its effect scale up as generators are completed. So something like
0 gens complete: All gens blocked for 20 seconds
1 gen complete: All gens blocked for 25 seconds
2 gens complete: All gens blocked for 35 seconds
3 gens complete: All gens blocked for 45 seconds
4 gens complete: All gens blocked for 60 seconds
(or whatever numbers are reasonable)
It makes you win harder if you're already winning.
It often doesn't help you at all if you are losing, since it potentially never activates if you have a bad game. NWO will at least still trigger (even if for not as long) and its maximum time is longer anyways.
I think you should be able to see the obsession for the duration. or maybe all survivors.
I have never seen this perk go off. I'm Xbox so no PTB. I've played against this killer probably around 10 times. I usually don't check what perks the killer ran. Has it never gone off because they're not running it? Has it never gone off because getting 4 BBQ stacks often doesn't happen? In either case it's clear it's just weak. You can tell just from reading the description that it's obviously weak. Should I see it go off in one of my games will it change the game? Probably not. Everyone is just going to hide/heal/rescue. If all survivor auras were revealed and if the gens were blocked for 60 seconds... Honestly, it'd still probably be average at best.
I mean, the 5 seconds of seeing the obsession part of this perk is just a joke 🤣. The obsession could be dead. The obsession could be hooked (we know at least one person is). The obsession could be in a locker to avoid BBQ. The obsession could be more than 40 meters away and revealed by BBQ anyway, which you're almost certainly running too, so this does nothing. Once approximately every other game, when this perk activates, you have actually quite a small chance of seeing the aura of a single survivor for 5 seconds? 😂 Just wow, what is the point?
@OverratedFool Yeah, this part really is weird. Maybe devs wanted us to combo this perk with Deadman's Switch, which is another bad gen blocking perk..? Dunno, both need some love IMO, because I don't see any reason to run it in place of 10 perks I usually run.
my main issue with the perk is that it only extends the game. it's like Dead Man's Switch meets No Way Out. the most useful part is the random aura reading, and if I wanted that, I'd use undying on its own.
@Bennett_They1Them Excuse me? Only extends the game... That's the main goal of all the meta killer perks. More time to break pallets and chases is the most wanted resource killer can have.
Issue with the perk is though, that for a 40s game delay it requires killer to spread his focus (which is the least efficient thing a killer can do) evenly for a one time use and not a even a huge value (depends on the trial, of course, sometimes it is game swaying things, more often though it does little) while not running anything else in the slot Grim Embrace uses.
well, yes, extending the game is good, it just pauses the game, though.
it'd be better if you knew where survivors were, since survivors won't be at generators while it's active.
it's probably best right now on doctor, or some other information based killer.