Open Exit Gate with 2 Lit Red Bulbs

So I was playing killer last night. I got 2 survivors out of the game before the last gen was done. When the last generator was popped, I got into the chase with the survivor that did the last gen. I managed to quickly down her thanks to Clown's slow down ability. I left her on ground because I saw scratch marks in the distance, somewhat towards the exit gate.

Naturally I made my way there and in the distance, I clearly noticed that only 2 red bulbs of the exit gate were lit. I thought to myself ''oh nice, maybe she won't have enough time if I just manage to land a bottle towards the exit switch and then catch her.''

Next thing I witness with my own eyes is that the gate all of a sudden opens without the gate power up sound and the 3rd bulb not lighting up.

She ran out right away, no tbags, nothing. Just escaped.

I just froze for a moment and kept looking at the exit switch with only 2 lit bulbs. Then I went back to the survivor that I slugged and carried her to the exit. (she was a console player)

And in the end game chat, I asked the survivor that escaped how she managed to open the exit gate without any gate power up sound or the last bulb lighting up. She said it is a graphic bug and I have never seen this being reported before. I checked her profile and she had some VAC ban dating back 1700ish days. Her profile didn't state any DbD hours so I wasn't sure.

Have any of you guys seen an open exit gate with only 2 red lights lit before? Or was it just me? (Unfortunately I didn't take a screenshot but it doesn't matter as this is not a report anyway)

Comments

  • Most likely a hacker

    There is a recent video (forgot who though lol) of a streamer noticing somebody opening the doors after it only beeped twice. It usually beeps more.

    You faced the worst hackers of all. The subtle ones

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    Most likely a hacker

    There is a recent video (forgot who though lol) of a streamer noticing somebody opening the doors after it only beeped twice. It usually beeps more.

    You faced the worst hackers of all. The subtle ones

    Yeah, well if she was a hacker she was good at it because she didn't make me notice anything the whole game. More like a stealth hacker then but in the end, she made it obvious because otherwise she probably couldn't make it out without force opening the gate then.. Just my thinking.

  • Blatant cheaters are still very pervasive in the game, so yeah cheats. I had a teammate on RPD healing all of us at once from wherever they were all game just this morning.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    Most likely a hacker

    There is a recent video (forgot who though lol) of a streamer noticing somebody opening the doors after it only beeped twice. It usually beeps more.

    You faced the worst hackers of all. The subtle ones

    Just a FYI, the door will only beep twice if you commit to fully opening it after reaching the first alarm. It's a weird thing but is what it is.