worst shrine of secrets you've ever seen?

i dont know if anyone has seen a worse one but i think this weeks takes the gold for both killer and survivor

Comments

  • @friendlykillermain said:
    i dont know if anyone has seen a worse one but i think this weeks takes the gold for both killer and survivor

    i mean who even uses stridor and fireup could be good but isnt enough and wglf could be good but its not nearly as good as it could be and vigil is just bad

  • Maybe.

    I've wanted Vigil for a while (just to play with) so in a sense, I'm happy. However, I expect it to be useless...

    Stridor - got it, hate it.
    Leader - not worth a slot, IMHO.
    FIre Up - meh. I don't think it's powerful enough to be worth bothering with.

  • @friendlykillermain said:

    @friendlykillermain said:
    i dont know if anyone has seen a worse one but i think this weeks takes the gold for both killer and survivor

    i mean who even uses stridor and fireup could be good but isnt enough and wglf could be good but its not nearly as good as it could be and vigil is just bad

    WGLF is just a farming perk. Its good enough for what it is meant to do but the problem is most people farm their team when running it.

  • Stridor has helped me find survivors before that I would have otherwise missed.

    Does it work when the spirit is doing her teleport thing? That could be useful.

  • @Rex_Huin said:
    Stridor has helped me find survivors before that I would have otherwise missed.

    Does it work when the spirit is doing her teleport thing? That could be useful.

    hmm i dont know actually could be interesting

  • @MegaWaffle said:

    @friendlykillermain said:

    @friendlykillermain said:
    i dont know if anyone has seen a worse one but i think this weeks takes the gold for both killer and survivor

    i mean who even uses stridor and fireup could be good but isnt enough and wglf could be good but its not nearly as good as it could be and vigil is just bad

    WGLF is just a farming perk. Its good enough for what it is meant to do but the problem is most people farm their team when running it.

    yeah it needs a rework

  • @Eight said:
    Maybe.

    I've wanted Vigil for a while (just to play with) so in a sense, I'm happy. However, I expect it to be useless...

    Stridor - got it, hate it.
    Leader - not worth a slot, IMHO.
    FIre Up - meh. I don't think it's powerful enough to be worth bothering with.

    exactly i dont think i have ever seen a worse shrine of secrets

  • @friendlykillermain said:

    @friendlykillermain said:
    i dont know if anyone has seen a worse one but i think this weeks takes the gold for both killer and survivor

    i mean who even uses stridor and fireup could be good but isnt enough and wglf could be good but its not nearly as good as it could be and vigil is just bad

    Stridor is the best perk you could use for spirit

  • @HellDescent said:

    @friendlykillermain said:

    @friendlykillermain said:
    i dont know if anyone has seen a worse one but i think this weeks takes the gold for both killer and survivor

    i mean who even uses stridor and fireup could be good but isnt enough and wglf could be good but its not nearly as good as it could be and vigil is just bad

    Stridor is the best perk you could use for spirit

    really?

  • @HellDescent said:

    @friendlykillermain said:

    @friendlykillermain said:
    i dont know if anyone has seen a worse one but i think this weeks takes the gold for both killer and survivor

    i mean who even uses stridor and fireup could be good but isnt enough and wglf could be good but its not nearly as good as it could be and vigil is just bad

    Stridor is the best perk you could use for spirit

    If you are playing on PC then I would say Stridor is great, however on console its not fantastic unless you are one of the odd ones who bought an expensive headset.

  • still has anyone seen a worse shrine before or is this the worst

  • I think Stridor's usefulness depends on a) your reactions and how quickly you process auditory information, and b) the quality of your headphones/speakers.

    I ran it on Spirit for a while and then sacked it off. Never caught anyone with it. Now I use Sloppy+Nurses and have much better results. Will swap out Sloppy Butcher for Lightborn if I see flashlights.

  • @friendlykillermain said:
    still has anyone seen a worse shrine before or is this the worst

    Nah the worst Shrine was when they didn't change it for 3 weeks prior to the Clown chapter release.

  • @MegaWaffle said:

    @HellDescent said:

    @friendlykillermain said:

    @friendlykillermain said:
    i dont know if anyone has seen a worse one but i think this weeks takes the gold for both killer and survivor

    i mean who even uses stridor and fireup could be good but isnt enough and wglf could be good but its not nearly as good as it could be and vigil is just bad

    Stridor is the best perk you could use for spirit

    If you are playing on PC then I would say Stridor is great, however on console its not fantastic unless you are one of the odd ones who bought an expensive headset.

    that makes sense as a ps4 player i cant see a use for any of these teachables probably should just save up for kate instead of teachables at this point

  • @Eight said:
    I think Stridor's usefulness depends on a) your reactions and how quickly you process auditory information, and b) the quality of your headphones/speakers.

    I ran it on Spirit for a while and then sacked it off. Never caught anyone with it. Now I use Sloppy+Nurses and have much better results. Will swap out Sloppy Butcher for Lightborn if I see flashlights.

    well my tv speakers are ok at best so probably a useless perk for me

  • @HellDescent said:

    @friendlykillermain said:

    @friendlykillermain said:
    i dont know if anyone has seen a worse one but i think this weeks takes the gold for both killer and survivor

    i mean who even uses stridor and fireup could be good but isnt enough and wglf could be good but its not nearly as good as it could be and vigil is just bad

    Stridor is the best perk you could use for spirit

    If you are playing on PC then I would say Stridor is great, however on console its not fantastic unless you are one of the odd ones who bought an expensive headset.


    Yeah with a ridiculous headset stridor works wonders.... without the headset the whole game is rough to play

  • @MegaWaffle said:

    @friendlykillermain said:
    still has anyone seen a worse shrine before or is this the worst

    Nah the worst Shrine was when they didn't change it for 3 weeks prior to the Clown chapter release.

    oh yeah that was pretty ######### but that was just because they forgot it what was the worst shrine under normal circumstances.

  • @friendlykillermain said:

    @Eight said:
    I think Stridor's usefulness depends on a) your reactions and how quickly you process auditory information, and b) the quality of your headphones/speakers.

    I ran it on Spirit for a while and then sacked it off. Never caught anyone with it. Now I use Sloppy+Nurses and have much better results. Will swap out Sloppy Butcher for Lightborn if I see flashlights.

    well my tv speakers are ok at best so probably a useless perk for me

    Yup I only use my TV and sadly Stridor doesn't do too much. Its nice if you are new and lose sight of people easily but not very useful unless you have a good headset where you can pinpoint survivor direction.

  • @Bravo0413 said:
    MegaWaffle said:

    @HellDescent said:

    @friendlykillermain said:

    @friendlykillermain said:

    i dont know if anyone has seen a worse one but i think this weeks takes the gold for both killer and survivor

    i mean who even uses stridor and fireup could be good but isnt enough and wglf could be good but its not nearly as good as it could be and vigil is just bad

    Stridor is the best perk you could use for spirit

    If you are playing on PC then I would say Stridor is great, however on console its not fantastic unless you are one of the odd ones who bought an expensive headset.

    Yeah with a ridiculous headset stridor works wonders.... without the headset the whole game is rough to play

    it is quite difficult without a headset but i manage

  • @MegaWaffle said:

    @friendlykillermain said:

    @Eight said:
    I think Stridor's usefulness depends on a) your reactions and how quickly you process auditory information, and b) the quality of your headphones/speakers.

    I ran it on Spirit for a while and then sacked it off. Never caught anyone with it. Now I use Sloppy+Nurses and have much better results. Will swap out Sloppy Butcher for Lightborn if I see flashlights.

    well my tv speakers are ok at best so probably a useless perk for me

    Yup I only use my TV and sadly Stridor doesn't do too much. Its nice if you are new and lose sight of people easily but not very useful unless you have a good headset where you can pinpoint survivor direction.

    yeah overall i rate this weeks shrine a 1/10 would not use again

  • @friendlykillermain said:
    well my tv speakers are ok at best so probably a useless perk for me

    Mine are so crap, I plug iPhone headphones into the DualShock when playing killer. Even so... not a great help.

    But, you know, it's 2000 shards. If people have them to burn, I wouldn't say don't buy any of these perks and give them a try.

    (Overall, I'm inclined to agree with your assessment of this week's shrine though.)

  • @Eight said:

    @friendlykillermain said:
    well my tv speakers are ok at best so probably a useless perk for me

    Mine are so crap, I plug iPhone headphones into the DualShock when playing killer. Even so... not a great help.

    But, you know, it's 2000 shards. If people have them to burn, I wouldn't say don't buy any of these perks and give them a try.

    (Overall, I'm inclined to agree with your assessment of this week's shrine though.)

    and i had good hopes from last weeks too

  • @friendlykillermain said:
    and i had good hopes from last weeks too

    Didn't get any last week. So, I suppose, probability may have suggested that I'd have been much happier this week. Ho hum.

    BUT maybe I'll love Vigil. And every shrine like this increases the chances that next week is BBQ+Chilli. Er... yeah... right.

  • @Eight said:

    @friendlykillermain said:
    and i had good hopes from last weeks too

    Didn't get any last week. So, I suppose, probability may have suggested that I'd have been much happier this week. Ho hum.

    BUT maybe I'll love Vigil. And every shrine like this increases the chances that next week is BBQ+Chilli. Er... yeah... right.

    im hoping for nurses calling i really dont want to have to level my nurse to 40

  • @friendlykillermain said:
    im hoping for nurses calling i really dont want to have to level my nurse to 40

    I played Nurse a couple of times on PC... not so bad. And a grand total of twice on PS4 - then I vowed never, ever to play her again.

    I did, however, end up with a crap load of bloodpoints right before a double-points weekend and was able to unlock Nurses Calling. One of the best perks in the game - and one of the few times I still get excited as a killer. I f*cking love those little red auras.

  • @Eight said:

    @friendlykillermain said:
    im hoping for nurses calling i really dont want to have to level my nurse to 40

    I played Nurse a couple of times on PC... not so bad. And a grand total of twice on PS4 - then I vowed never, ever to play her again.

    I did, however, end up with a crap load of bloodpoints right before a double-points weekend and was able to unlock Nurses Calling. One of the best perks in the game - and one of the few times I still get excited as a killer. I f*cking love those little red auras.

    yeah right now she is 15 and the only killer who isnt prestigedi have a long way to go

  • @MegaWaffle said:

    @HellDescent said:

    @friendlykillermain said:

    @friendlykillermain said:
    i dont know if anyone has seen a worse one but i think this weeks takes the gold for both killer and survivor

    i mean who even uses stridor and fireup could be good but isnt enough and wglf could be good but its not nearly as good as it could be and vigil is just bad

    Stridor is the best perk you could use for spirit

    If you are playing on PC then I would say Stridor is great, however on console its not fantastic unless you are one of the odd ones who bought an expensive headset.

    I'm on ps4 and my audio is pretty good. I can usually tell where the sound is coming from, The only times I'm not sure sometimes is when I'm on Haddonfield at one of the houses. Probably due to the way the sound travels in that area.

  • wglf could be good but its not nearly as good as it could be

    Excuse me? WGLF is godly! I use it all the time. 
  • @Khalednazari said:
    friendlykillermain said:

    wglf could be good but its not nearly as good as it could be

    Excuse me? WGLF is godly! I use it all the time. 

    not really it relies too much on teammate farming and encourages bad game play

  • One thing to take note of Stridor on Spirit, whether its godly or trash, it requires some getting used to. Because of it, while phasing, Survivors will sound closer to what they actually are. Especially if you havent used Stridor before.
  • I use the official PS4 headset and I find it pretty good.

    Many many times during chases they have helped me turn the right direction and keep track of a survivor.

    I cant imagine playing killer just with the TV speakers - well actually I can and its a lot harder!

  • @Rex_Huin said:
    I use the official PS4 headset and I find it pretty good.

    Many many times during chases they have helped me turn the right direction and keep track of a survivor.

    I cant imagine playing killer just with the TV speakers - well actually I can and its a lot harder!

    it makes me very salty some ays when i just want a casual match and get paired with a sfw hardcore gruoup intent on prolonging the game with infinite loops.

  • not really it relies too much on teammate farming and encourages bad game play

    I don't know about others, but I play fair. If you watch videos on my YT channel, you will know. Also, there are more ways than just unhooking a teammate to obtain a token. 
  • @Khalednazari said:
    friendlykillermain said:

    not really it relies too much on teammate farming and encourages bad game play

    I don't know about others, but I play fair. There are more ways than just unhooking a person to obtain a token. 

    thats fair but overall this weeks shrine was ass

  • I use wglf but I also use borrowed time along with it
  • Just any with DS in it.

  • If Stridor only increased the breathing noise and nothing else, I'd use that ######### nonstop.

  • Oh I got one, the amount of times adrenaline has been in the shrine

  • I saw the title and immediately thought "this one" lol.
  • Apart from leader, yeah its pretty weak.

  • @HellDescent said:

    @friendlykillermain said:

    @friendlykillermain said:
    i dont know if anyone has seen a worse one but i think this weeks takes the gold for both killer and survivor

    i mean who even uses stridor and fireup could be good but isnt enough and wglf could be good but its not nearly as good as it could be and vigil is just bad

    Stridor is the best perk you could use for spirit

    If you are playing on PC then I would say Stridor is great, however on console its not fantastic unless you are one of the odd ones who bought an expensive headset.

    On PC, with a headset it happened quite a few times to find a hidden survivor by the grunts of pain, but without Stridor. I don't see it being quite useful unless you got a bad hearing, you can just plug in the headphones and turn up the volume while patroling.
  • i dont know if anyone has seen a worse one but i think this weeks takes the gold for both killer and survivor

    Actually I would love to get Fire Up! Since I don't own Freddy and use it for my Myers build including M&A, Bamboozle, Fire Up & Enduring with Infinite T3 Evil add-ons. Thats a scary Myers to play against.