Reasons for temporary banning & harder penalties
Hey you survivors and killers in the fog!
All that facecamping, tunneling, hatchcamping/hatch-stand offs, teabagging, bodyblocking, bug-abusing and all the other stuff which might be unfair or just taking away all the fun in this game...I'm fed up with that.
That leads me to the following questions:
1. What exactly is unfair for you ?
2. What does ensure that you lose fun in the game?
3. And what ideas do you have to make that better?
4. What is for you a reason to ban someone temporary? Is it one of the unfairer game mechanics or just cheating & hacking?
Of course, I'm gonna answer that questions too. It is my opinion and beacause of that subjective. To get a more objective opinion is the reason why I open this discussion. So please don't offend anyone, I try my best to stay as friendly as possible too ![]()
Unfair for me: Bodyblocking(don't care if Survivor or Killer is blocking, it is unfair!), (Face-)camping, tunneling, hatch-camping, slugging
The answer for the first question is almost the same answer for the second. Hatch-standoffs are also quite unfunny, but while the Killer is at the hatch, the survivor can do generators, so I don't care about that too much

My ideas: First of all: Much harder penalties for the ones being unfair. Sometimes it is hard to say if one player is just unfair in one match or always unfair when playing. That's the point were we have to use the ingame report - there is are the categories for unfair playing and all that stuff. If we hold together as community and make use of it the devs can see which players are the unfair ones and so they can do something about them. Of course video evidence would be nice, but I think if the same players get reported from different players who couldn't talk about reporting other people is also a good sign that a player is unfair or bug-abusing or cheating/hacking.
Before it comes to ban and penalties: Some perks should be updated/removed/changed because some of them are the reason of using the unfairer game mechanics. Here some perks for example:
- Dying Light(tunneling obsession- I mean, come on, the person behind the obsessed survivor also just wanna play and have fun and someone ruins that with Dying Light -_-)
- Insidious(facecamp at its best)
- No Mither(as if there weren't three other survivors and as if a killer can't use Thanatophobia)
That are just 3 examples
I guess there are some other perks too, feel free to tell which perks also can be used for the unfairer game mechanics 
But back to question 4: For me banning and harder penalties are depending on the situation. If a player always plays unfair(on killer and survivor side) it is for me a reason for a temporary ban if that person doesn't care for the ingame-penalties. But first the ingame-penalties have to be much harder, before we can speak of banning someone who ignores them. And most importantly: No perma-ban at first time! The players should have the chance to overthink their ingame-behavoiur of course or we can shut down the servers because no-one is playing xD And the temporary ban shouldn't be too long too. My whole idea about that is: Report whenever you see something is not right for you. So the devs see how many players are reported and how often. And so they can make the penalties or bans kinda individual depending on how much people reported, how much evidence they have etc. Penalties can be de-rank, getting lesser bloodpoints or else. Maybe some of you have other ideas for penalties.
I for myself can only talk from the survivor side mostly, because I don't play killer that much. So please, Killer-mains: Tell us what exactly is unfair for you when you're playing against survivors. Maybe we even find some similarities when it comes down to some stuff.
And yes I do know most off the stuff is possible because of the game mechanics and/or perks. That doesn't mean that it isn't unfair or that you can't abuse these game mechanics. So please don't come with that argument, because we already know it is a game mechanic. Except for the newbies maybe, but most off newbies will ask anyway. Either they have some friends to ask or, if they ask here, we can explain it too.
Your Nea-loving Bethany ![]()
Comments
"Nothing is true; everything is permitted"
I do like your idea & way of thinking
More objectives means more points too. And even if survivors can escape, a killer has often more points, if it's a good killer. So i can't complain about more objectives and getting points for finish them. It's an idea which can be worked on :chuffed:
The only time when bodyblocking adds somethign meaningful to the game is when the killer is trying to bodyblock a dead harding survivor away from a pallet. Thats the only situation where I enjoy bodyblocking in DBD because its a skillfull thing to pull off.
Facecamping doesnt exist anymore
tunneling?(I assume you are talking about killer tunneling) Thats a killer using his brain and trying to win, cant really do much about that, just like when survivor tunnel gens
Hatch is in desperate need of a rework and the devs know that. I dont know what is coming and it looks like they lost their balls considering that they scraped the hatch losing mechanic, the DS and SC rework aswlel.....
slugging. Yeah I sucks not being able to do anythign on the floor and just bleeding out. I woudl like to see a concede option such that you can leave the game without losing your points if you are crawling around waiting for the death.
please do its really needed
espicially camping/tunneling