Trickster on controller tips.

Can anyone here who has a lot of experience with Trickster on controller tell me what's the best sensitivity for controller? for some reason I struggle a lot with my aim. I currently use 30/35/40 or 45 maximum for him and i still wish i could do a faster sens on him. btw i'm talking about sony controllers not xbox because the ps5 sticks are bigger compared to xbox controllers so it feels way different

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Literally just don't. The deadzone in this game is awful so it makes tracking with his RNG recoil nigh-impossible. It's not a sensitivity issue whatsoever.

    for real? yeah the random recoil does make it hard to use. Who knows maybe someone here on the forums is a hardcore trickster player on controller.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2685190#Comment_2685190

    Yes, for real. The deadzone in DbD makes it so a giant chunk of the inner portion of your stick is unusable, making track-aiming with RNG recoil overly arduous. Combined with the response curve having a sharp ramp-up in sensitivity as opposed to a more gradual curve to make stick movement feel closer to 1:1 input to camera movement, and the fact that you need to land 7 knives for a health state (while slower than survivors and having to deal with all kinds of collision, and a decay meter) Trickster is quite possibly the worst killer you can play on controller.

    He's simply not worth the time investment until (if) they update controller to be more responsive.

    I hope they listen to your feedback and do something about it because I feel like i'm a terrible player when I use him but I can play most killers at a good level. he is the one I struggle most with. But i'm still trying my best to use him more.

  • 100% sensitivy.

    Aa mentioned, deadzones are horrible, compensate finese aiming with movement. practice is key.

  • @Smuk said:

    100% sensitivy.

    Aa mentioned, deadzones are horrible, compensate finese aiming with movement. practice is key.

    100 is great for most killers for me but trickster I go WAY off my target while throwing knives. for me its between 35/40/45

  • @itsquiet27 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2685257#Comment_2685257

    100 is great for most killers for me but trickster I go WAY off my target while throwing knives. for me its between 35/40/45

    you get used to it. I also play huntress on 100% and have high axe hit ratio

  • @itsquiet27 said:

    Can anyone here who has a lot of experience with Trickster on controller tell me what's the best sensitivity for controller? for some reason I struggle a lot with my aim. I currently use 30/35/40 or 45 maximum for him and i still wish i could do a faster sens on him. btw i'm talking about sony controllers not xbox because the ps5 sticks are bigger compared to xbox controllers so it feels way different

    I am in a similar boat as you. I picked him up recently (to try and do the current rift challenges), and did a bit of googling to see if anyone had good tips for Trickster on PS4. Sadly I couldn't find much of anything about aiming with him.

    I'm by no means good with him at all, but other than setting the sensitivity to 55 (I generally run anywhere from 80-90 on killer), I also learned from a Trickster main that you don't get recoil unless you hold the power button for 3 consecutive knives. You should test this out yourself as I could be misremembering. Unless they are locked in animation, your best bet is usually to tap the button for each throw so it resets the recoil. If you hold the button down the recoil makes it almost impossible to aim with a controller.

    I found Huntress to be much easier to use on PS4 once I saw a youtube video explaining where the center of your screen was. With Trickster, what I have been doing is using walls during EGC to get a feel for where the knife is thrown. I've found with the tap method that you can use the "AIM BLADE" prompt to estimate where the center of your screen is. I can't remember if it's above the "M" or the "B". Once I started using that as a kind of crosshair, I could at least hit shots in the open. My current challenge is getting them to hit in loops.

    I hope this helps you, and if you learn anything with your own experimenting, please share. I'm always open to learning new stuff myself!

  • @Underdawg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/298981/trickster-on-controller-tips

    I am in a similar boat as you. I picked him up recently (to try and do the current rift challenges), and did a bit of googling to see if anyone had good tips for Trickster on PS4. Sadly I couldn't find much of anything about aiming with him.

    I'm by no means good with him at all, but other than setting the sensitivity to 55 (I generally run anywhere from 80-90 on killer), I also learned from a Trickster main that you don't get recoil unless you hold the power button for 3 consecutive knives. You should test this out yourself as I could be misremembering. Unless they are locked in animation, your best bet is usually to tap the button for each throw so it resets the recoil. If you hold the button down the recoil makes it almost impossible to aim with a controller.

    I found Huntress to be much easier to use on PS4 once I saw a youtube video explaining where the center of your screen was. With Trickster, what I have been doing is using walls during EGC to get a feel for where the knife is thrown. I've found with the tap method that you can use the "AIM BLADE" prompt to estimate where the center of your screen is. I can't remember if it's above the "M" or the "B". Once I started using that as a kind of crosshair, I could at least hit shots in the open. My current challenge is getting them to hit in loops.

    I hope this helps you, and if you learn anything with your own experimenting, please share. I'm always open to learning new stuff myself!

    thanks for the tips and suggestion. I have to keep playing trickster and seeing if I can do anything impressive. but as of now i'm struggling a lot.