Chat filter makes me sound rude

I write a completely polite message, but then the chat filter converts it to "you #### #######". Now it looks like I was cursing at them. Thanks chat filter.

Please remove the chat filter, those who want to insult can still do it (e.g. by slightly altering the letters in the words). Those who get offended by these chat messages should just disable the chat.

Comments

  • It should just be a classic blacklist of words. If you see a blanked message, you should know they said something that's straight up reportable. Then make filter dodging a bannable offense (of course this can't be 100% automated, don't want spanish speaking people to get banned for talking about their black jacket cosmetics or something...)

    Having a system that tries to be more clever than that just leads to exactly that. If I see the exact message you used as an example, I have no idea if that's the system being wacky or if they actually typed 2 slurs that could get them banned if reported.

  • @oxygen said:

    It should just be a classic blacklist of words. If you see a blanked message, you should know they said something that's straight up reportable. Then make filter dodging a bannable offense (of course this can't be 100% automated, don't want spanish speaking people to get banned for talking about their black jacket cosmetics or something...)

    Having a system that tries to be more clever than that just leads to exactly that. If I see the exact message you used as an example, I have no idea if that's the system being wacky or if they actually typed 2 slurs that could get them banned if reported.

    Yeah, they should do it as you suggested.