What's the Maths Behind MMR?

And why do I keep getting matches like this?

20211205_102217[1].jpg

I feel bad man.

ETA:

Here's my next match:

20211205_105308[1].jpg


Comments

  • Obviously you are a very bad killer and just don´t know it. The kills are pure luck... everytime.

  • This happened in the past when the were running tests and changing the algorythm.

    It might be they're tweaking something on the backend and doing tests in your region/platform.

  • @Marc_123 said:

    Obviously you are a very bad killer and just don´t know it. The kills are pure luck... everytime.

    I mean I don't know if I'm bad or good and I don't know how I'm supposed to know when I keep getting matches like these.

    @Bwsted said:

    This happened in the past when the were running tests and changing the algorythm.

    It might be they're tweaking something on the backend and doing tests in your region/platform.

    Oh okay. That at least makes sense.

  • Mine was a joke. This happens to me sometimes after getting destroyed for a few matches i get babies. Feels ######### against new players 4 me. But from statistic view 3 4k and 3 0k are 2k... sooo

  • @Marc_123 said:

    Mine was a joke. This happens to me sometimes after getting destroyed for a few matches i get babies. Feels ######### against new players 4 me. But from statistic view 3 4k and 3 0k are 2k... sooo

    That makes sense too, then.

    II switched characters, played a couple 2ks, then got this again:

    20211205_115146[1].jpg


  • ATM its a bit strange, but most likely from the flood of beginner Epic players.