When I play killer, it's like I'm not allowed to have fun

It's always the same thing constantly.

Groups of 4, all coordinating, gen rushing, and flash light clicking. It's non stop every game.

Everyone has decisive. Everyone had borrowed time. Everyone is bringing toolkits or medkits. Boons are constantly going off.

Like, im sorry to ######### and moan. But I use to usually get at least 2 or 3, even 4 kills a game. But after all these boons came out, and everyone always using the same damn perks I can't keep up with it.

Whose idea was it to have a boom that gave everyone Unbreakable? I can't even slug if there's a boom out now cause oh they're back up and now I have to find the Totem and nope there goes another gen.

Honestly, I just had a game where I got my first down and two gens popped at once. I had just been there, they weren't close to done but when I leave for ten seconds they're all over them like flies.

I'm just getting sick of it. Like im being punished for wanting to play and have fun but I'm always stressed out when I'm the killer.

Playing survivor on the other hand, feels incredibly broken and boring. There's so many ways to heal up and get going again, places to hide right, so many pallets to stun the killer with and all I can think about is...

The Devs have given killers the biggest 'F' off in any game. Balanced? No, everything is sided for the Survivors now that it's not even remotely fair.

Like, how am I supposed to get rid of 4 boon totems, which the last game had, find them, protect my gens, and stop them all at once?

I'm not. I'm supposed to roll over play dead and let the SWF groups call me a #########, loser, tell me I suck all of that all the damn time.

Comments

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2678012#Comment_2678012

    The only thing that has worked for me is continue playing 1 shot killers, nurse and blight.

    I've been playing billy a lot again and slowly I'm having fun again if I'm not playing pallet breaking simulator ofc.

    And yeah, I also had fun as the artist probably because of low mmr but it got boring after a while.

    People don't seem to understand that some killers don't want easy wins, some want to outplay and be outplayed, not outperked.

    Hit and run was killed because of the current healing meta and sadly I do not like playing nemesis so I can't give any advice on him.

    People seem to think that you have to win 300 matches back to back to max MMR when in reality it is like win 20 matches and you can lose 10 in between.

    Yeah, you get it.

    I don't really care about 4k. Killers don't wanna get easy 4k, they just wanna have fun games. Problem is that during MMR you either get easy 4k, which is boring or you get stomped super hard and game ends with 3 hooks total, it's just really rare to actually have fun.

    Some of my best games I still remember, they actually escaped, but they were good without stacking second chance perks. Thing is, during those games, they went for a lot of protection hits, which is just standard now. Every noob can do it with CoH. It was way harder before when you didn't have free healing.

  • @Feyd said:

    So... You used to get most of the kills every game and now your MMR is high enough that you only deal with SWF bully squads because you crushes most of the solo queue players.

    Play sweaty, play against the sweaty. Seems like the SBMM system is working as intended.

    I really hate this logic, even performing mildly well as Killer is like a punishment. In what world is this justifiable in any sense, that for the Killer to be allowed to have fun, they have to play Jester and just walk around like an idiot and play like an idiot just so they can avoid the horrible balance this game has?

    It SUCKS and there is no excuse for it whatsoever.

  • @scenekiller said:

    I'm so tired of this victim mentality on the forums lately.

    You worked your way up into this voluntarily, which you're entitled to do. But I'm sure the poor solo queue players didn't have any fun against you, either. And you weren't obligated to make it fun for them if you didn't want to. But it's the nature of the beast.

    And your takes on penalties based on perk usage are really poorly thought out. So you're allowed to want to have fun, but swfs aren't? And what about solos who run the same perks by chance? What penalties are you getting as compensation? Why is your fun more important than anyone else's?

    This really all just sounds like a lot of "woe is me I can't 4k easily anymore."

    SWF's shouldn't be as strong as they are because the game IS NOT BALANCED AROUND IT. This is one of the dumbest comments I have ever seen on these forums, and that says a LOT. Killers don't "work their way up to it voluntarily", it's an inevitable slap in the face for even daring to try and win at the ######### game.

    You have fun and play well until the game says no more and it throws you into a match you are not equipped in any way to handle. They have total communication, 16 meta perks, boosted medkits and majority of maps stacked in their favor.

    You play well and you get rewarded with an unbalanced mess that is not enjoyable in ANY capacity, in what world is this justifiable or fair?

    The simple answer is it's not and the game should be balanced so that EVERYONE has fun whether they perform well or not.

    It's not about playing against "good players", it's about playing against people who are playing the game in a way it is objectively not balanced for.

1 2 ›