Is Jonah a Hispanic/Latin character?

His surname Vasquez sounds very hispanic to me, but I can't find any sources indicating that he is.

I thought it'd be great to have another Hispanic character after Jane.

Comments

  • Who cares if he is or not?

    I don't get why so many people are so interested in a character's ethnicity/race nowadays. Just play the damn game.

  • The wiki says he's Latin American, for all that's worth.

    I thought it'd be great to have another Hispanic character after Jane.

    I hope you haven't forgotten about everyone's favourite gambler with a heart of gold.

  • Because people like to have their own group included, ethnicity being one of the major ones.

    I don't like it when tja becomes the main driving point of a characters identity, but on the other hand there is nothing wrong thinking "Oh nice, that character is from my region, that's sooo cool. I like him :)"

    That being said, I'm pretty sure that Jonah is a latin based character but I haven't read any of his backstory yet, and I am at work right now ^^

  • @Kolozzoni said:

    Who cares if he is or not?

    I don't get why so many people are so interested in a character's ethnicity/race nowadays. Just play the damn game.

    Who cares what you think about it?

    let other people enjoy their media how they want. It’s clearly something the devs care about so it’s not ‚wrong‘ to care at all.

  • @Kolozzoni said:

    Who cares if he is or not?

    I don't get why so many people are so interested in a character's ethnicity/race nowadays. Just play the damn game.

    Because people like to see "themselves" represented in differing forms of media. It's really not that hard a concept to comprehend. Nor is it hard to mind your own business when someone asks questions like this. People have always wanted representation in media. This isnt new at all. Lmao. I was looking for representation since the 90s.

  • @Kolozzoni said:

    Who cares if he is or not?

    I don't get why so many people are so interested in a character's ethnicity/race nowadays. Just play the damn game.

    If you care about the characters at all, caring about things like where they're from is perfectly legitimate even outside of liking more representation of your own ethnicity.

    If you don't care about the characters at all and you're just here for the gameplay... then just play the damn game, why are you so invested in how other people approach the work?

  • @Kolozzoni said:

    Who cares if he is or not?

    I don't get why so many people are so interested in a character's ethnicity/race nowadays. Just play the damn game.

    hey, please kindly do some reading on the subject if you're going to come across like this :)

    @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Very short post I'm putting here so I can link to it every single time a thread comes up, here's a University Thesis from a friend of mine that recieved a first pass (highest pass possible) explaining exactly why representation is important, and if you believe it's a waste of time I implore you to read it at least.

    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DKV2cNdnwODbNiqj47_doQhFxImVMDBB8doEh8h5UB4/edit

    And also if you don't care about representation please follow your own advice and don't bash people who want it, you make yourself seem like you do care quite a bit

    (go to the linked thesis)

  • Obviously. The map he came with is in Chile.

  • @Kolozzoni said:

    Who cares if he is or not?

    I don't get why so many people are so interested in a character's ethnicity/race nowadays. Just play the damn game.

    If a character was from my hometown or even state I would be excited. I don't get why people being interesting in characters' lore triggers you so bad, but I can tell you don't need to post every thought that comes into your head. Sometimes just let people enjoy things, maybe?