Banned for lost connection
Its not fair every time its a glitch or a lostconnection i get banned for almost a half hour!!
Its not fair every time its a glitch or a lostconnection i get banned for almost a half hour!!
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Lose the sand!
The DC penalty in this game is so ridiculously lenient (honestly...too lenient - I still get 1 rage DC every 5 games minimum) that you'd have to be DCing a lot to get a penalty like that.
I very occasionally have to DC (people holding game hostage) and have never even seen a 1 second penalty.
From my understanding, you have to play a certain number of matches without DCing for the penalty to go down.
If you aren't doing it deliberately then yes - I understand that it's frustrating. But it's not fair for everyone else if you continue to DC every match, as you are spoiling the game for 4 other people.
You'll have to fix your internet.
Your shoddy internet connection is not the fault of BHVR. Nor is it the fault of the other players in your matches, yet they're the ones punished every time you lose connection and disconnect.
That should not be allowed to continue. Don't play always online multiplayer video games if you don't have a stable internet connection.
I feel for you. It sucks. I've been banned for up to 72-hours. The ban penalty is too strict. I play a lot of matches in a short amount of time and just a few disconnects can add up shortly, not a lot as some may otherwise think. If someone rage quits ever five matches, but only plays those matches two days of the week well then of course they're going to have the whole week for their penalty to cool down. I'm sorry you got banned. I wish the penalty wasn't like this.
I recall your thread, and yeah - if it's how you say it was, then that sucks.
However, the system needs to be like this because DCs ruin matches and are still too common.
It's not about how much you play. It's about how many matches you finish relative to matches you DC in.
I kept track, like I said I would. On average, I play about 3 games an hour. On average, I play from 6am to 10pm. This average is based on the past three days. So....36 hours? 108 matches? How many times did I disconnect? Once.
ETA: Based on my experience, playing as often as I do, a 30 minute ban comes after about 3-4 d/c. It goes 3, 5/6, 10/12/15/,20/30