Deathslinger needs to be 115%
Contrary to what many people would say, he's not weak even as a 110% killer. But being 110% is just too much of a drawback for the current state of his power. You're too slow to zone the map, and you're losing too much distance. I think that making him a 115%, on another hand, would be a great quality of life improvement... but not a busted change. Pyramid head/ Nemesis/ Artist are ranged killers that move at 115%; i don't think it would be too far fetched to do the same for him (especially when he is the only 110% killer with a 32 meters radius).
Comments
You're too slow to zone the map, and you're losing too much distance.
115 is impactful on looping, but that won't give him any more noticeable map pressure. The difference is actually negligeable. If you want to make him more oppressive 1v1 (he still is, contrary to popular belief), that would make it happen. But it won't affect his 1v4.
I mean, he is weak, he is just not worst. That is different.
He is clumsy, worse, less fun, less unique, lower skill ceiling Huntress with limitations.
Just 115% wouldn't fix fact that it's pain to use his ADS mechanic. I would still not play him as 115%.
It's not about bad / good, I still play other bad killers, but I just don't enjoy playing him after those nerfs and I used to be Deathslinger main... He is just not interesting without quick-scope.
115% would kinda fix nerfed TR.
To fix slower ADS, you would have to make him hit-scan (higher projectile speed), so it is actually about your aim if you miss or not. Basically what they add to ADS you will remove from travel time.
And increase sensitivity during ADS, it just feels super bad to use.
Yes he's clunky, but his changes (terror radius and charge up time to shoot) were needed to make him less oppressive in 1v1. When i played him, the only thing that really bothered me was the fact that he was a 110: whether i was in chase, or trying to get to a gen to defend it. Being a 115% would be a quality of life improvement: like using iron maiden for huntress (it doesn't give any chase potential... but the gameplay is less heavy).
I don't think quick-scope was problem. Fake ADS was I can agree on that.
Right now, anyone looking behind is able to react to him, so it's just too risky to shoot in open and you are forced to use zoning, which I hate. It's boring.
I played him 100% for quick-scope, he is just not interesting without it. It felt good to make long range shots, or shots through holes.
I don't think they can fix him without full rework. Problem is that he can't be saved with just numbers. He needs something unique compare to other ranged killers, right now he is just worse at almost everything.
Limited range, slower time to down, worse at dealing with multiple survivors, can't down over pallet...
He had quick-scope, lower TR and mending.
two got removed and mending is nerfed by CoH -> hit&run is not viable.
his ADS mechanic is bad to use, his chain reeling mechanic doesn't have any benefit, only negatives.
Only thing he is better than other ranged killers is STBFL.
Come on, deathslinger isn't unplayable at the moment. Its the same thing with billy, he's not unplayable and trash tier like people think. Seriously, when i see pig's ambush state (and don't get me started about her traps)... i'd love it if could use her power like theirs when i do play them.
I didn't say he is unplayable. He is not worst killer in dbd.
He is just unenjoyable for me. He is not interesting for me.
Why would you play him and not Huntress or even Trickster (he is decent and quite fun after those buffs)?
I love to play Pig, she is fun to play. That's the difference even tho she is worse as a killer.
Okay, we do agree he's not unplayable. I understand why you don't wanna play him if he feels too clunky/ heavy and slow. But, contrary to huntress (and she is my second favourite), he doesn't have to reload in lockers. You can endlessly chase with deathslinger; thats why i think that him being a 115% would be a quality of life change that would make his gameplay less clunky. As much as i love playing huntress, i'm feeling like i'm driving a tank when i play her; she's not that much better in that regard (and even worse when you don't use iron maiden).
Problem is that it can be fixed with perks and addons for Huntress.
She can get multiple hits before need to reload, which results in faster downs and she is also better at dealing with multiple survivors.
Deathslinger has to reload each time, he actually wastes way more time than she does per game, because he had to reaload for each shot and he is punished way more for any missed shots, which are easier to miss because of smaller hitbox.
He doesn't feel clunky for 110%, he is clunky because of his ADS mechanic. His zoning is not even better than Huntress. I don't know about you, but holding hatchet with Huntress feels way better to use than holding ADS with Deathslinger.
Yes, there is perks that helps her/ add-ons that helps her a bunch; no doubt about it. Its just that i think that when you miss with deathslinger, you're punished too much because he's a 110%. Pyramid Head or Nemesis aren't punished for missing/ cancelling as much since they are 115%. That's why i wonder if turning him 115% wouldn't just do the trick... since i'm pretty sure that they won't back track on the path they decided to follow.
You know that this has nothing to do with base movement speed, right?
If that is your issue, it would be enough to increase his movement speed when he is reloading, or lower duration of missed animation.
It would not be enough for me, because he would still be not interesting and clumsy, but everyone has different standards...
Well, from Twins we can see they don't care about specific killers. His pick rate is somewhere in dust and they will fix that by not releasing skins for him, because noone would buy them.
I think the drawbacks for using his power are fine... if he wasn't a 110% on top of it; since it makes the drawbacks even heavier gameplay wise. That is just what i was trying to say... even if i understand that you'd rather want quickscopes back than a base speed increase.
It doesn't really matter anyway. I doubt they are going to do any changes to him any time soon.
They made Twins more clumsy. They released several perks that are direct counter to Twins and they still don't care. I don't think it will be different for Deathslinger.
They will fix it same as Twins. Just don't commit any resources for that killer. Players will find different mains, so it's not going to change their sales and survivors will have better time without Deathslinger.
We are going to wait like year or two for any changes to happen. If they would buff him again soon, it would kinda be admit a mistake and they are not going to do it.
Yeah... its so sad that a lot of killers have wasted potential, and they take so long to do necessary changes. Twins just need a small tweak too i'm pretty sure.
I mean look how long it took them to buff a Trapper and that was change of a number...
So yeah, I have lost all hope with them. I am gonna enjoy new killer till I can, they will nerf her because of noobs that are not able to hold M1 + W, so I will stop playing again.
Removing the penalty to ADS camera speed would be enough already. This is much better than 115%.
I'd rather they just... y'know... make his power fun to use again instead of taking the lazy, boring, and lame way out that arguably doesn't even fix anything.
DeathSlinger is ridiculously weak at the moment... he needs ANYTHING.
Higher movement speed, smaller terror radius, improvement of his multiple mouse sensitivities (go and try doing quick scopes when emerging from behind a corner and needing to move mouse...)... auto reload after a hook... just give him anything. I think he is the least fun to play killer right now. At least for me.
@Dino7281 In order to play and have any kind of success as Twins you need to slug and at least proxy camp - a playstyle that for some reason everyone hates and thus behaviour actively discourages people from doing so, which in the process hurts killer who's entire kit is based around it.
I really don't see devs going for any buffs of killers who majority of community cries about.
I don't think they go back to insta-quickscopes... thats why i'm making a suggestion about the path they chose.
He's as weak as billy is claimed to be, he's good (not at nurse level obviously) but hard to play. They just need quality of life improvement. I know what a weak killer is, since my main is pig... her power is lackluster in every aspects; thats not the case of billy and deathslinger when i play them.
@Faulds Guy who was trying to deny that revving a chainsaw on every single pallet and loop is bad idea and very easily punishable one... Am sorry dude, but your credibility is 0 when speaking about Billy or making comparisons to him.
Slinger is trash at the moment though and needs anything devs are willing to give him. In most stuctures all a survivor has to do is hold w, because this tiny amount of time it takes him to take aim is exactly what a survivor needs to be already behind the pallet (LongWall Jungle gym, CowTree, without a 50/50 mindgame it's impossible to get a shot there anymore).
You're just bad, don't blame killers for it. I win consistently with a weak killer stop talking non-sense.
You clearly won the argument with this statement.
I shall move back into the shadows, where I belong, sir.
Don't be rude to me, and i won't be to you. I just didn't like how you talked to me.
ADS camera speed is not a quickscope. This is the speed at which the camera moves in the scope. You are confusing this with the time to enter the scope (Activate / Deactivate ADS).
96.25% (Nurse speed)
But you don't need to reload and can fire from the hip.
Take it or leave it.