Idea to balance out survivors

This will not include just flat-out nerfs and will include some new mechanics.

Nerfs:

Let us get the bad stuff out the way, shall we?

Gen speeds Old: 80/40/27/20 (the third value, 27 might be false. do let me know if it is.)

Gen speeds New: 100/50/33/25 (the third value, yet again might be wrong. as I said above, do let me know if it's wrong.)

Maps

every large map should be significantly reduced to help out killers a bit more with patrolling generators and having control

End

Now, these are really all the things that need changing on the nerfs side. Let us talk about some new mechanics/QoL Changes.

New Mechanic

So to start off. I want to propose a new mechanic called "100% unhook" for solo-q players. Now, you may be thinking "Deliverance exists" and well, yea it does but this mechanic only works if there was one DC from the game. This should help solo-q out a bit.

QoL Updates

Solo-q should have a game-chat option to talk to other survivors. Or they should have some button they can press to say something. For example. On a controller, if you press down on the D-pad and you select "Do this generator with me" or "heal me" it will send this and they can see this on the left or right of their screen. These changes should help out solo-q a lot.


This is pretty much it. Thoughts and questions? And how would you improve it? Any criticism is much appreciated and I will try to respond to as many comments possible

Comments

  • @ShadowNurseZFX said:

    This will not include just flat-out nerfs and will include some new mechanics.

    Nerfs:

    Let us get the bad stuff out the way, shall we?

    Gen speeds Old: 80/40/27/20 (the third value, 27 might be false. do let me know if it is.)

    Gen speeds New: 100/50/33/25 (the third value, yet again might be wrong. as I said above, do let me know if it's wrong.)

    Maps

    every large map should be significantly reduced to help out killers a bit more with patrolling generators and having control

    End

    Now, these are really all the things that need changing on the nerfs side. Let us talk about some new mechanics/QoL Changes.

    New Mechanic

    So to start off. I want to propose a new mechanic called "100% unhook" for solo-q players. Now, you may be thinking "Deliverance exists" and well, yea it does but this mechanic only works if there was one DC from the game. This should help solo-q out a bit.

    QoL Updates

    Solo-q should have a game-chat option to talk to other survivors. Or they should have some button they can press to say something. For example. On a controller, if you press down on the D-pad and you select "Do this generator with me" or "heal me" it will send this and they can see this on the left or right of their screen. These changes should help out solo-q a lot.

    This is pretty much it. Thoughts and questions? And how would you improve it? Any criticism is much appreciated and I will try to respond to as many comments possible

    If you increase gen speed and shrink map size im pretty sure your handing me a 4k ever game. If you do one or the other it would be ok.

    If survivors could unhook themselves it would remove the pressure of hooking a survivor because they wouldn't leave gens Nd be like oh the will just get themselves off. I can also see it making the killer stay at hook waiting for the unhook because if you leave they get off for free most likely before you start your next chase.

  • I'd rather buff killers base kit, and then look at loops density on all maps. I don't think the size of the map is the real problem: a small map with loops connecting into loops will always be worse than a large map with few loops into huge deadzones.

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/297566/idea-to-balance-out-survivors

    If you increase gen speed and shrink map size im pretty sure your handing me a 4k ever game. If you do one or the other it would be ok.

    If survivors could unhook themselves it would remove the pressure of hooking a survivor because they wouldn't leave gens Nd be like oh the will just get themselves off. I can also see it making the killer stay at hook waiting for the unhook because if you leave they get off for free most likely before you start your next chase.

    that's true. maybe just shrink the maps and the mechanic I still think should exist. but if they face-camp for 20 seconds you instantly get teleported to a new hook. And the unhook gives you deep wounds.

    and buff half the killer roster

  • @ShadowNurseZFX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2670778#Comment_2670778

    that's true. maybe just shrink the maps and the mechanic I still think should exist. but if they face-camp for 20 seconds you instantly get teleported to a new hook. And the unhook gives you deep wounds.

    and buff half the killer roster

    I agree with shrinking down the maps


    The problem is been able to unhook yourself takes away the pressure of hooking so you'll end up with killers slugging instead of hooking to make another survivor get off a gen.

    Can we get a ping system at least. I would take a decent one at this point.

    Also I think if you q up solo you should get a built-in kindred and a mini bond.

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2670797#Comment_2670797

    I agree with shrinking down the maps

    The problem is been able to unhook yourself takes away the pressure of hooking so you'll end up with killers slugging instead of hooking to make another survivor get off a gen.

    Can we get a ping system at least. I would take a decent one at this point.

    Also I think if you q up solo you should get a built-in kindred and a mini bond.

    I can agree with this. Maps are too annoying. maybe the unhook mechanic was bad my idea and thought process was to just help out solo-q a little bit. Also, solo-q should defo get built-in kindred and mini-bond and a robust ping system

  • I feel that if maps are reworked and made smaller that will help a lot with the gen preasure and increasing the times on them might not be needed. The mayor problem with maps is that some are to big, and unless you are using a rushing killer going from point A to point B takes literally much time, smaller maps would make things much more easier and simply invite more interaction betwen killer and survivors. The killer would find survivors more often wich would translate in more chases, more chases would meen working on gens a bit less thus adding a little bit more preasure on survivors while taking away a little bit of preassure on killers, to me that sounds like a better flow of gameplay. Mind you, perhaps adding just a tinny extra amount of time to gens wouldnt be bad, from 80/40/27/20 to 90/50/30/25 , its not a crazy increase and balances with slightly smaller maps.

    Self unhooking shouldnt be a thing, it would make pointless to unhook people and create more selfish gameplay from the part of survivors, the core mechanic for survivors its that they "should" work togheter as a unit, not be lone wolves all the time. I would argue that "maybe" solo Q survivors are given perhaps a small buff like this:

    ONLY on solo Q: When a survivor its unhooked, both, the hooked and rescuer are given 2 seconds of +25% bonus speed (after the animation its done), this would give them a slight extra boost without being broken or over abusive againts the killer. I was tinking about giving them 1 or 2 seconds of invulnerability, but this would also create a problem of rewarding bad plays (unsafe hooks in the face of the killer), this still would make it a bit easier to start a new chase while not being totally unfair.

    I would be iffy about the comunication, originally the game was meent to be played without voice of any kind because how strong it can be its shown on comunication teams, stealth its completly out of the window for killers and they can easy say, killer its near X place, and everyone already have a rough idea where it is, preventing it from surprise atacks.

  • @ShadowNurseZFX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2670829#Comment_2670829

    I can agree with this. Maps are too annoying. maybe the unhook mechanic was bad my idea and thought process was to just help out solo-q a little bit. Also, solo-q should defo get built-in kindred and mini-bond and a robust ping system

    I would even take a basic ping system to start at this point. Maybe getting a decent luck boost for unhooking as a solo maybe a 50%. I get it i can't count how many times I've just been left to die first hook(I run kindred almost exclusively) after a 3 gen run.

  • I feel that if maps are reworked and made smaller that will help a lot with the gen pressure and increasing the times on them might not be needed. The major problem with maps is that some are too big, and unless you are using a rushing killer going from point A to point B takes much time, smaller maps would make things much easier and simply invite more interaction between killer and survivors. The killer would find survivors more often which would translate into more chases, more chases would mean working on gens a bit less thus adding a little bit more pressure on survivors while taking away a little bit of pressure on killers, to that sounds like a better flow of gameplay. Mind you, perhaps adding just a tinny extra amount of time to gens wouldn't be bad, from 80/40/27/20 to 90/50/30/25, it's not a crazy increase and balances with slightly smaller maps.

    I agree that the maps being smaller would help very much in these areas and I do agree also that maybe the gen speed nerf won't be necessary. And you are 100% correct that the major map issue is that some are just way too big. And yea this is why nurse, spirit, blight, and hag are "S" tier. They can get from point A to point B very fast. Hag is an iffy one though, she can't do it with free will unless mint rag. And making maps smaller would certainly help make the game more interactive between killers and survivors. Also, this would make gens go slower as more chases=less gens so a great point there. Adds pressure on the survivor side and makes for less on the killer side, this is also true and will make the game flow much more healthily. And I do agree that maybe a bit extra time is not bad but I think maybe just shrink maps and test the waters with that before making further changes.

  • Self unhooking shouldn't be a thing, it would make it pointless to unhook people and create more selfish gameplay on the part of survivors, the core mechanic for survivors is that they "should" work together as a unit, not be lone wolves all the time.

    This is most certainly true and I did not think of it this way. There are probably much more ways better than mine to help. And would indeed create more selfish gameplay on the survivor side.

  • I would argue that "maybe" solo Q survivors are given perhaps a small buff like this:

    ONLY on solo Q: When a survivor is unhooked, both, the hooked and rescuer are given 2 seconds of +25% bonus speed (after the animation is done), this would give them a slight extra boost without being broken or over abusive against the killer. I was thinking about giving them 1 or 2 seconds of invulnerability, but this would also create a problem of rewarding bad plays (unsafe hooks in the face of the killer), this still would make it a bit easier to start a new chase while not being unfair.

    I would be iffy about the communication, originally the game was meant to be played without the voice of any kind because of how strong it can be its shown on communication teams, stealth is completely out of the window for killers and they can easily say, killer its near X place, and everyone already has a rough idea where it is, preventing it from surprise attacks.


    Agreed, this would prevent tunneling to an extent but would render the guardian useless so that would need a rework. The speed boost is a bit much though. maybe tone it down to like 15% so a 115% killer can not catch up to you for those 2 seconds. And this may reward bad plays so it should be punished if used wrong, but I'm not sure how you would implement that.

    I would be iffy about the communication, originally the game was meant to be played without the voice of any kind because of how strong it can be its shown on communication teams, stealth is completely out of the window for killers and they can easily say, killer its near X place, and everyone already has a rough idea where it is, preventing it from surprise attacks.

    This is true, communication has not and never will be balanced in a game like this. And it will still be hard for the killer, but it will reduce some of the pressure. And stealth is 100% gutted so yeah