5.4.0, and kudos to the devs!

With all the particle effects, and interestingly designed power that came with this killer, and with my PS5 still on the way leaving me stuck with my PS4 Pro, I was expecting at least some form of frame drop for certain interactions.

Of course, Since the Witch was released, I have had this awful "Whenever a survivor is unhooked, my game stutters", but it was still playable for both roles, so I never really minded it too much.

With the release of this chapter, I'm happy to report NO additional frame drops, and the game feels a lot smoother as well. I still occasionally get the problem when a survivor is unhooked, but now it's once per match MAYBE.

A huge thank you to the devs, I can't really express how grateful I am for this chapter's success on my end!

Comments

  • Imagine thanking the developers for putting out content that is playable and stable. Just goes to show the standard for BHVR really.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2669659#Comment_2669659

    I think we as a community should appreciate them trying their best to deliver good content to us, knowing the huge scale of this game.

    If we can only be positive and wish that all of the upcoming updates will be the same or just better :)

    You really shouldn't. Game still has a lot of problems that has existed for years now and still in the game. Thanking them on their first year or two sure but five years later and still the same problems? And no sign of it ever getting fixed? Game breaking bugs still in the game despite having known it for quite a while now? Yeah no lmao.

  • For as much as I'd like to agree with praising them for actually optimizing consoles...

    The devs are known for breaking their own optimization for consoles in a single update.

    If the optimization lasts for the entire patch cycle then I'd start to have hope in it.

    Aka I want it to be optimistic but I am skeptical how long it will last.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2669664#Comment_2669664

    Yes I really should and I will thank them for every patch that is a success because despite of the negative feedback that usually goes to them, I am well aware of how much they try to actually make every single patch work and help the game grow, while making sure the playerbase is enjoying.

    Just because I want to have a positive mindset, for a game that I love, for some developers that I know for over 5 years including all their streams and even personal some on Twitch... there is no reason for me to be negative and not support them for helping the game in any way that is possible and the game itself for providing me an awesome 5 years of enjoynment.

    Feel free to disagree, but I will thank and support how I can... just because I love this game and the heart that was put into it since 2016.

    Great for your optimism.

    I lost it a long time ago.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2669659#Comment_2669659

    I think we as a community should appreciate them trying their best to deliver good content to us, knowing the huge scale of this game.

    If we can only be positive and wish that all of the upcoming updates will be the same or just better :)

    I think they need to be held to a better standard for a game that is not free to play, has a paid battle pass,and cosmetic, and is also a studio of over 800 people. I really hope that VHS does really well and gives them real competition. It looks really good and seems to have solved a few problems dbd has hopefully it will stop the compliancy.

  • Ah I remember when I was this optimistic, good times.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2669716#Comment_2669716

    Competition is always for the better! But it's always good to remember that both games can exist at the same time, players can choose freely what they want to play and everyone can have a good time.

    Just saying, if we are mentioning VHS... we do not do that to imply that "it's going to kill DbD" or something negative about DbD devs. I'm supporting your reply as long as I know for sure your intention with VHS is for pure competition and seeing the better of this game!

    Absolutely im a console player so vhs isn't an option for me yet. But if it does go console and I leave im not going to say away from dbd for ever and when I do come back I would love to see it have grown. I love dbd and thats why i get so annoyed because I want good things for it. Like I said VHS looked at dbd and solved some problems(supposedly) and if it does well dbd can look at them and go thats a good idea or that give use a good idea.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2669659#Comment_2669659

    I think we as a community should appreciate them trying their best to deliver good content to us, knowing the huge scale of this game.

    If we can only be positive and wish that all of the upcoming updates will be the same or just better :)

    I disagree, delivering content is the bare minimum in a live service game. They shouldn't be praised for doing the bare minimum, especially when they have a history of messing up even that. They'd deserve more praise if they decided to not release content for a chapter and instead dedicate it to fixing the known issues with the game.

  • Lobbies crash on the console every round it seems only been 4 year old+ bug :) I think they're doing purdy goody

  • @Leatherface1990 said:

    Lobbies crash on the console every round it seems only been 4 year old+ bug :) I think they're doing purdy goody

    Last or next?

  • I really am so shocked the game was playable

  • @Myla said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2669661#Comment_2669661

    You really shouldn't. Game still has a lot of problems that has existed for years now and still in the game. Thanking them on their first year or two sure but five years later and still the same problems? And no sign of it ever getting fixed? Game breaking bugs still in the game despite having known it for quite a while now? Yeah no lmao.

    You one of those people aren’t you.

  • To be fair, I think they make a fair point. To my understanding, for example, little has been done about issues such as Nurse deadzones. There are old problems that continue to exist alongside new problems.

  • This chapter has been well implemented, especially since I'm still on Xbox One. Since the update, my games have been very smooth and bar a rare frame stutter I feel there has been some decent optimisation put in place here that has improved last gen performance.

    So, from what I've seen, there have been a fair bit of improvements to the game and likewise I want to thank the devs on those improvements, a new chapter that's come through smoothly, and the optimization for last-gen in general with this chapter.