Hex: Pentimento Came Out Too Late

Hex: Pentimento is a perk that could have been very powerful. The important word here being "could have". The main issue with this perk is that it came out after boon totems were introduced. Now that boons are in the game, this perks conditions for activating are basically never met because no one cleanses totems anymore, people only bless them. During my time in the PTB and the few hours I've played today, I have only ever been able to get one stack of this perk to activate, if any at all. Most matches go by where this perk does not do a single thing because totems rarely ever get cleansed. For this perk to have any sort of viability whatsoever, it needs to have some sort of interaction with boon totems. If you were able to get stacks off of snuffing boons that used to be your hexes, this perk might actually be able to activate more than once every four matches. Going a little further, if you gained stacks just from snuffing boons at all, that would provide a much needed counter to boon totems, as there is currently no real downside to blessing the same totem over and over again.

Comments

  • I think it's not quite that bad. Obviously anecdotal, but by using a combo of Plaything and Thrill I got up to three stacks on my previous two games, and I've noticed people breaking totems even after boons were introduced in general.

    It's certainly less useful now than it would've been, but it's usable. The first stack being the repair debuff, arguably the most important debuff on the list, definitely helps.

  • @jesterkind said:

    I think it's not quite that bad. Obviously anecdotal, but by using a combo of Plaything and Thrill I got up to three stacks on my previous two games, and I've noticed people breaking totems even after boons were introduced in general.

    It's certainly less useful now than it would've been, but it's usable. The first stack being the repair debuff, arguably the most important debuff on the list, definitely helps.

    Can I please get whatever survivors you've been going against as my oponents? Basically no one I play against ever cleanses totems. Theres like a mindset now of "I may not be using any boon perks, but maybe I should leave this totem up for anyone who is running boon perks"

  • @Chordyceps said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2668571#Comment_2668571

    Can I please get whatever survivors you've been going against as my oponents? Basically no one I play against ever cleanses totems. Theres like a mindset now of "I may not be using any boon perks, but maybe I should leave this totem up for anyone who is running boon perks"

    Oh don't get me wrong, it happens less, but it does happen.

    I don't think Pentimento is going to be useful outside of niche builds designed to prop it up, at the end of the day.