what is this game like now?
i quit completely about 6/7 months ago for several reasons. i had been playing since 2016 and completely burned out since then. i also just got sick of the toxicity. i was a killer main (i play on xbox btw) i had notifications for messages turned off because i would get spammed by salt often. sometimes i would check my inbox after a week and it would be completely full of toxic messages,people telling me to off myself or calling me trash or saying they would report me. (one time i had a guy demand i apologise for killing him.) yeah you get the picture.
i'm curious what it's like now? i hang around in off topic occasionally but every time i check general i usually see threads complaining about perks or just people arguing. i'm guessing the game is in a pretty bad spot right now? the game felt more reliant on perks instead of skill last time i played, is it still like that?
(more curious, is doctor good or bad? i used to main him when i played)
Comments
It is like #########.
What is like right now? Well, all I’ll say is if you’re away from the game, then it’s best to not fall back into the trap.
Pretty much the same as when you left. I turned my messages off a long time ago.
I only started playing in the 5th anniversary event.
You haven't missed much. Games still mostly the same however with the new SSBM games can be really toxic at first but after a couple matches you should be fine.
I mean if you want my honest opinion I'd say this is the worst state the game has been in this year.
As someone who started maybe 15 months ago...it's different. Better in some ways, worse in others.
The good:
The bad:
That said - give it a shot. I never thought I'd play this game again, and here I am.
If you're on console, there's extremely long threads dedicated to how poorly it performs on them with frequent stuttering and freezing.
Then there's a few other problems:
And that's just me typing for 3-5 minutes. I'm sure I could think of at least 10 more issues I have with the game lately if I wanted to.
Doin' a pretty good job so far.