Suggestion to combat repetitive maps

I think this would be somewhat helpful in a few scenario's, especially higher MMR where map offerings can really make or break the game, but here's the suggestion:

If you recieve the same map/realm within 3 games(due to RNG or map offerings, doesnt matter), you recieve a -10% chance of recieving that realm. This negative chance would stack with anyone who is in your lobby(killers AND survivors), and stacks with every time you still recieve that map. This chance resets when you went 3 full games without going to said realm.

An example would be something like this: If you're with a SWF using map offerings every game to get a specific realm, everyone recieves a -10% of going to the same realm again(if you're with 4 people, that would be a -40% chance everytime you hit that realm within 3 games). After 5 games, you would effectively have to use 3 map offerings to guarantuee going to that same realm for just your SWF. But if the killer gathered a -50% to that specific realm because it got spammed, you'd have only a 50% chance(with 3 offerings) of going to that map.

It would also prevent killers from going to the same map over and over again on the long run, but it wouldnt really be as noticable and you can simply reset that counter by playing a different killer 3 games in a row on a different map. Generally, it would be more effective with reducing the chance of playing on Haddonfield 5 times in a row because survivors brought 1 map offering.

Comments

  • I would’ve loved to have this that one night when I got RPD like 4 times in 5 matches.


  • @GannTM said:

    I would’ve loved to have this that one night when I got RPD like 4 times in 5 matches.

    I came up with it yesterday, me and a friend were casually playing and we had Pale Rose 3 times in a row(no offerings), then we were delighted to see a different map, namely Midwich, only to have that map 5 times in a row(no offerings). We were like "how could this be prevented if it's RNG" since we already came up with plenty of idea's to change the situation for offerings(mainly, making map offerings grey for killers and pink for survivors, would also reduce the amount of keys and BNP's distributed to survivors)

  • I got Haddonfield 5x in a row. People are just really keen on farming :^)