Kind of bad timing with DLC removal

Edit: I didn't think this post would be seen by this many people. I just want to say that it was probably a mistake making this post. I'm just frustrated with myself for procrastinating with buying the DLC. In the end, I didn't buy it. I became paranoid with the PS4 system software update & I didn't know you could buy things from the store without having to be on PS4 itself (apparently), despite having this console for 4 years. I'm not blaming the DBD devs or Sony. At least I still have a Demogorgon. That i can be glad about. You can pretty much ignore this post now.

----

I'm not sure where to put this, so I'm just going to put this here.

The removal of the Stranger Things DLC was really bad timing. Although, that could just be me.

When the removal of the DLC was announced, I didn't think much of it. I thought, "maybe I'll buy it later". That was my mistake. Before I continue, I am (or at least was) a PS4 player. I may not be able to play DBD on PS4, but I did kind of wanted the DLC before it disappeared forever. Just on the chance that I might be able to play it again.

Next thing you know, I'm told by multiple people to not update my PS4, due to the newer update literally bricking consoles. Now the chance of it happening may have been low to non-existent, but I didn't want to risk it since so many people said it broke their console. I waited for them to release a new update to fix this problem. The update still hasn't come. I never got a chance to get the DLC because I was paranoid about my PS4 bricking. All I have is a basic Demogorgon.

Just kind of thought I would share this. I don't know if anyone else feels the same about it.

Comments

  • I mean, is there ever a good time?

  • I haven't heard anything about console bricking in the latest update and I'm supposed to be the console-guy.

    What update? Who told you and do they have proof?

  • Idk much about console but can you not just buy a code for like 5$ ? I see a bunch of people selling codes on different websites.

  • I'm sorry, I'm not following.

    How does not updating your system software prevent you from purchasing a DLC from the PlayStation Store?

    Never mind that we were told two months in advance.

  • @Pulsar said:

    I haven't heard anything about console bricking in the latest update and I'm supposed to be the console-guy.

    What update? Who told you and do they have proof?

    My friends told me about it. I looked it up myself & multiple people & articles say that the newest update for PS4 is bricking consoles. Specific update is "Version 9.00" System Software update.

  • @Superyoshiegg said:

    I'm sorry, I'm not following.

    How does not updating your system software prevent you from purchasing a DLC from the PlayStation Store?

    Never mind that we were told two months in advance.

    I would need to be online to buy the DLC from the store. If my PS4 is not updated, it won't give me online access.

  • @VinnyGaming said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2663922#Comment_2663922

    My friends told me about it. I looked it up myself & multiple people & articles say that the newest update for PS4 is bricking consoles. Specific update is "Version 9.00" System Software update.

    I see.

    However, that update came out on September 14th.

    The Stranger Things DLC was announced to be leaving in August, an entire month prior to that update.

    Behaviour Interactive confirms that it is removing the Stranger Things content from Dead by Daylight's store in the near future.


  • @mrmain21 said:

    Idk much about console but can you not just buy a code for like 5$ ? I see a bunch of people selling codes on different websites.

    I honestly haven't heard about that. I'm also not sure if it would work for console.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2663930#Comment_2663930

    I see.

    However, that update came out on September 14th.

    The Stranger Things DLC was announced to be leaving in August, an entire month prior to that update.

    https://gamerant.com/dead-by-daylight-stranger-things-leaving-being-removed/

    Yes, but I didn't really think about it at the time. I thought that I would "buy it later". I lost track of time & then the update was released. I didn't think there would be a software update that would cause problems like that.

  • You literally have Demo though? I guess just be happy you at least can play Demo, many people can't now.

    Demo is gonna be rare anyway, skin or not.

  • @VinnyGaming said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2663929#Comment_2663929

    I would need to be online to buy the DLC from the store. If my PS4 is not updated, it won't give me online access.

    I don't game on PlayStation, but I'm fairly sure you can purchase things from the online Store without having to do so on your PlayStation, in the same way you can buy games on Steam without having to be logged into the client.

    Sorry, but this is on you.

  • @JPA said:

    You literally have Demo though? I guess just be happy you at least can play Demo, many people can't now.

    Demo is gonna be rare anyway, skin or not.

    You're right. I am happy that I did get Demo before any problems happened. Hopefully I'll be able to play Demo again soon.

  • @Superyoshiegg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2663932#Comment_2663932

    I don't game on PlayStation, but I'm fairly sure you can purchase things from the online Store without having to do so on your PlayStation, in the same way you can buy games on Steam without having to be logged into the client.

    Sorry, but this is on you.

    I was never aware of this information. Not even my friends who works with consoles (especially PS4) told me about this when I mentioned it to them.

  • There is a ps4 disc version with the ST content on the disc. If you really want it you could check eBay. You'd have to reinstall and play from the disc but all your other content should still carry over.