Could a Mod Confirm if the Blight Lag Flick is Bannable or not

I won't say too much about how to do it but it is basically the act of flicking with a sharper angle than intended by briefly limiting your frame rate.

Is this exploit something BHVR will ban for using?

Comments

  • @SkeletalElite said:

    I won't say too much about how to do it but it is basically the act of flicking with a sharper angle than intended by briefly limiting your frame rate.

    Is this exploit something BHVR will ban for using?

    Frame rate or latency?

    The latter would be lag switching which - yes - is definitely bannable.

    The former...I honestly have no idea. If it's using a third party app/macro then yes it's probably bannable but it would be tricky to prove.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/296725/could-a-mod-confirm-if-the-blight-lag-flick-is-bannable-or-not

    Frame rate or latency?

    The latter would be lag switching which - yes - is definitely bannable.

    The former...I honestly have no idea. If it's using a third party app/macro then yes it's probably bannable but it would be tricky to prove.

    Yes it has nothing to do with latency. Its framerate

  • Then I have no idea. It's probably bannable, but again - difficult to prove.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2662578#Comment_2662578

    Then I have no idea. It's probably bannable, but again - difficult to prove.

    As for whether or not it's third party, really depends on your definition of third party. For example, the official Radeon program for AMD cards has the capability. NVIDIA card users will have to go a little more third party than that though, but there is still manufacturer software with this capability, such as MSI afterburner.

    At the end of the day it's not really the tool that matters, it's that the blights behavior changes when the frame rate drops.

  • I know I'm not a mod but I've had a conversation with a BHVR employee about this that I don't want to send screenshots of nor identify in any way in case I'm not supposed to share anything more. You'll have to trust me on this one.

    The QA team and Design team are both aware of the situation, and so bug reports or support tickets are unnecessary are the relevant teams are aware. However it is not currently a bannable offence, unless something has changed recently which I'm unaware of (as I'm going off of the most recent information I've been told of).

    Also the mods don't like threads on this because they want to keep the awareness of said exploit as low as is possible.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    I know I'm not a mod but I've had a conversation with a BHVR employee about this that I don't want to send screenshots of nor identify in any way in case I'm not supposed to share anything more. You'll have to trust me on this one.

    The QA team and Design team are both aware of the situation, and so bug reports or support tickets are unnecessary are the relevant teams are aware. However it is not currently a bannable offence, unless something has changed recently which I'm unaware of (as I'm going off of the most recent information I've been told of).

    Also the mods don't like threads on this because they want to keep the awareness of said exploit as low as is possible.

    This probably explains the 180's i saw a specific blight doing a couple of weeks ago.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    I know I'm not a mod but I've had a conversation with a BHVR employee about this that I don't want to send screenshots of nor identify in any way in case I'm not supposed to share anything more. You'll have to trust me on this one.

    The QA team and Design team are both aware of the situation, and so bug reports or support tickets are unnecessary are the relevant teams are aware. However it is not currently a bannable offence, unless something has changed recently which I'm unaware of (as I'm going off of the most recent information I've been told of).

    Also the mods don't like threads on this because they want to keep the awareness of said exploit as low as is possible.

    Thanks, while I trust that this is true, I would still appreciate a definitive reply from a mod or other BHVR employee that this is the case.

  • @SkeletalElite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2662616#Comment_2662616

    Thanks, while I trust that this is true, I would still appreciate a definitive reply from a mod or other BHVR employee that this is the case.

    I have no promises if that can happen, but I'm glad you trust me. If I knew for sure I could share the conversation I would, however I really don't want to betray their trust and risk either of us getting into trouble.