I remember my first game of DBD.

Back in 2017 around when the doctor released, I remember watching the trailer for that killer and I was so hyped to play! I bought the game and even though it was very weird to me at the time lol I had a lot of fun. The game was sure riddled with a lot of unbalance but I didn't care...the game used to feel dark and spooky, the game used to feel bigger. I really REALLY wish Behavior would bring that feeling back and disable MMR. It just don't work with this type of game! I love this game, but as of recent I just got so tired of playing. This game is just not meant to be competitive and that is fine. I do think a competitive mode would be sweet though, like adjusting pallet numbers and jungle gyms and such. This game just doesn't feel like it used to and it kind of makes me sad. :/

Comments

  • My first game i crashed.

    funny, that.

  • I remember my first DBD game too.

    Christmas of 2018. I was playing as a level 1 baby Claudette against a Huntress, on old Azarov's Resting Place.

    From that day until July of 2019, DBD provided me with a level of enjoyment no other game could (and never will). The reworks and unnecessary changes killed this game bit by bit for me, and now those precious memories are all that I have left.

    So, my friend, when you say that DBD doesn't feel like it used to and now it makes you sad, know that I sincerely understand how you are feeling :)

  • @GeneralV said:

    I remember my first DBD game too.

    Christmas of 2018. I was playing as a level 1 baby Claudette against a Huntress, on old Azarov's Resting Place.

    From that day until July of 2019, DBD provided me with a level of enjoyment no other game could (and never will). The reworks and unnecessary changes killed this game bit by bit for me, and now those precious memories are all that I have left.

    So, my friend, when you say that DBD doesn't feel like it used to and now it makes you sad, know that I sincerely understand how you are feeling :)

    Huh. I always thought you had been playing longer than me.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2662099#Comment_2662099

    Huh. I always thought you had been playing longer than me.

    I really wish that was so, my friend.

    I wish I had been here from the very beginning. Wish I had enjoyed DBD for much longer than I did.

    But sadly, I wasn't even aware of Dead by Daylight's existence until November of 2018, when a friend recommended it to me, and I only bought the game one month later.

    Though I am flattered that you think like this <3

  • @Slaughterhouse3 said:

    Back in 2017 around when the doctor released, I remember watching the trailer for that killer and I was so hyped to play! I bought the game and even though it was very weird to me at the time lol I had a lot of fun. The game was sure riddled with a lot of unbalance but I didn't care...the game used to feel dark and spooky, the game used to feel bigger. I really REALLY wish Behavior would bring that feeling back and disable MMR. It just don't work with this type of game! I love this game, but as of recent I just got so tired of playing. This game is just not meant to be competitive and that is fine. I do think a competitive mode would be sweet though, like adjusting pallet numbers and jungle gyms and such. This game just doesn't feel like it used to and it kind of makes me sad. :/

    I still have the recording of mine!

    Last year, just before Blight released. I watched a whole bunch of videos and guides and bought Bubba.

    Loaded in on...I think it was Temple.

    Chased a survivor and downed them, hooked them and thought 'hey, if I wait here his mates will come to save him!'.

    And so was born another Basement Bubba. It took me a while to come to the forums where I figured out that this was considered BM. I kept playing Bubba but didn't like him much. Tried the 'free' killers, played Nurse for a bit and then I bought Hag and the rest is history. Still my favorite killer to play (although Demo is gaining on her due to her addons mostly either being terrible or boring).

  • Mine was just after the Saw chapter.

    I played Meg, and ran onto one of the dead end balconies on Haddonfield, where the Doctor bodyblocked the way off the balcony and zapped me until he maxed his deviousness. Then at the end he let me have the hatch.

  • I remember my first game ever. On Groaning Storehouse and I vaguely remember it being against Wraith. The day I found DBD changed my life forever.

  • My first game of DBD was in closed beta lol