Boon Nerfs
I'll keep this short and sweet; I think boons need nerfs across the board, but not to their effects but the actual mechanics themselves.
1: Remove the ability to Bless a Hex totem, I think the idea of a Blessing overruling a Curse is just silly and should not be a thing, survivors should not get a two for one breaking a perk while also getting theirs active. They should want to break a hex.
2: Hex perks that activate after some conditions (Noed and Plaything) should overrule a Blessed totem. Curses are inherently more powerful than a sort of blessing in typically every form of mythology and also it's a 1v4, the 1 (no matrix puns intended) should be stronger than a 1/4.
3: Once the killer snuffs a Boon totem, that's it, the survivor in question can no longer place a boon totem for the rest of the trial. This nerf would add actual risk as well as strategic value to the perk, survivors would need to be smart about where they place them and if they are willing to bring the killer into the boon area and risk losing it for the trial.
4: Snuffing out a Boon totem restores the Hex. This one is an either or, honestly I dislike the idea of this type of nerf, however, I think survivors should want to break hex totems and it should be a potential change to considered.
Other than item 2 and item 3 above, I do not believe boons need all of the above nerfs, but they do need some though as their entire mechanic is no risk for huge rewards while also making older perks (such as self care) completely obsolete via power creep and most of all they are extremely oppressive when in a coordinated team (similar to old Object.) The concept of boon totems is great, I love the idea of them, however their is currently no downside to them and no way to stop them, both of these are unforgivable in a PVP game.
Comments
1) it would be possible to deny boons and killers would do it (I would).
2) Yes
3) Probably
4) No. It also doesn't make sense with your first point.
With 3) is problem that it would be completely fine for CoH, that boon is just OP and you actually don't want to play that many of them.
But it would nerf Shadowstep / Unbreakable boon hard. Those are kinda viable only if multiple of them are active, but yeah it's really painful to play against SWF with that combo and map offering...
I would actually make CoH self-healing part work only for owner. Faster healing would work for everyone.
Other possible nerf would be to make blessing longer for each time survivor blessed totem, something like extra 4s, so snuffing has more value.