blocking hook killer can still hook?

ok so it has happened twice i've blocked 20000000000000000000000000000 hooks and 2 games against high ping killers where i stand still they just hook through me? and i get glitched inside the killer then pushed outside... am i doing something wrong, is it ping or is it just that they find the one pixel thats not blocke?

Comments

  • the hitbox to block the hook is very thin now compared to back then. You have to stand perfectly at their position where the Killer has to stay to hook, if you are like 1 foot next to it then well rip.

    Best way to train it is to grab 2 friends and go try it over and over in a custom game.

  • @FlameGNG said:

    ok so it has happened twice i've blocked 20000000000000000000000000000 hooks and 2 games against high ping killers where i stand still they just hook through me? and i get glitched inside the killer then pushed outside... am i doing something wrong, is it ping or is it just that they find the one pixel thats not blocke?

    It could be a variety of things:

    • You didn't position yourself correctly.
    • They hit you.
    • Latency.

    Honestly, blocking hooks is something that's rarely worth it. I'm always ready for it and unless it's a map with really crappy hook spawns like Pantry, Badham or RPD all you are doing is giving me a free health state.

  • Also important to note you can't block hooks while you have lost collision after being hit.

    So if the killer hits you they can always hook through you

  • @BenZ0 said:

    the hitbox to block the hook is very thin now compared to back then. You have to stand perfectly at their position where the Killer has to stay to hook, if you are like 1 foot next to it then well rip.

    Best way to train it is to grab 2 friends and go try it over and over in a custom game.

    mhm but i mean i usually stand there but when i want to sabo i stand infront take a hit sabo then insta deadhard

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/296469/blocking-hook-killer-can-still-hook

    It could be a variety of things:

    • You didn't position yourself correctly.
    • They hit you.
    • Latency.

    Honestly, blocking hooks is something that's rarely worth it. I'm always ready for it and unless it's a map with really crappy hook spawns like Pantry, Badham or RPD all you are doing is giving me a free health state.

    might be position but i mean i have 1.3k hours so i would know if they hit me :D it was just that it looked scuffed and he had a ######### ping

  • that would also work, I wouldnt insta dead hard though cuz I personaly expect that, everyone does that so after the first hit I just wait you then you wasted your dead hard xD

    Also keep in mind that all this is absolutely wasted if you do it right when the hook is next to the picked up surivvors cuz he will still be able to hook, you need to do this move when the hook is rather far away so the wiggle bar is arleady half way through kinda.

  • @FlameGNG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2659374#Comment_2659374

    mhm but i mean i usually stand there but when i want to sabo i stand infront take a hit sabo then insta deadhard

    The easiest way to block a hook is to crouch rather than stand, at least it is for me. It makes it easier to fill up the space where the killer usually needs to be in order to hook. Keep in mind, most killers are mashing their space bar to they get the hook on the earliest possible frame so if you're timing or positioning is off you won't get another chance to try it again.

    You used to be able to bodyblock hooks a lot easier in the past, now not so much. It's not really worth it if you have the ability to sabo as you should run ahead of the killer and drop the hook if you know someone is going to go down.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    that would also work, I wouldnt insta dead hard though cuz I personaly expect that, everyone does that so after the first hit I just wait you then you wasted your dead hard xD

    Also keep in mind that all this is absolutely wasted if you do it right when the hook is next to the picked up surivvors cuz he will still be able to hook, you need to do this move when the hook is rather far away so the wiggle bar is arleady half way through kinda.

    u sabo the hook and insta dead hard so they wont down u know u telling me people just take a hit and dead hard?


    i have sabod like 500 hooks... i know how to do it but that it seemed so weird that time and since its only happened once before i'm not sure what it is because if you take a hit they still gotthe cooldown so they cant hook so it must have been positioning then

  • Blocking hooks is only a good idea of your a Yui gamer with breakout.

  • If you get hit, the Killer loses collison with you, allowing him to go through you and hook

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    If you get hit, the Killer loses collison with you, allowing him to go through you and hook

    I DIDNT GET HIT I KNOW but he has a cooldown so he cant hook me if he hits me since i would insta sabo and deadhard

  • @Tr1nity said:

    Blocking hooks is only a good idea of your a Yui gamer with breakout.

    sabo deadhard so they wiggle out my point is that i like glitched inside of him and got pushed out and it was against a demogorgon with a little bad ping and it has ONLY happened ONCE before against a DEMOGORGON

  • @FlameGNG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2661340#Comment_2661340

    I DIDNT GET HIT I KNOW but he has a cooldown so he cant hook me if he hits me since i would insta sabo and deadhard

    Then idk

  • @FlameGNG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2659399#Comment_2659399

    u sabo the hook and insta dead hard so they wont down u know u telling me people just take a hit and dead hard?

    i have sabod like 500 hooks... i know how to do it but that it seemed so weird that time and since its only happened once before i'm not sure what it is because if you take a hit they still gotthe cooldown so they cant hook so it must have been positioning then

    now I know what you mean but idk how that works out for you? If someone does that I spam hit and I down the survivors in the same second when he finished saboing. Actually I never had someone who managed take a hit, sabo and successfully dead hard after that.

  • Just stop blocking killers. This is against my killer's rule book for survivors.

  • @Bartlaus said:

    Just stop blocking killers. This is against my killer's rule book for survivors.

    I agree, I go for 12 hooks, but once I see that the survivors are good enough to stop me from hooking, I assume they're good enough to deal with facecamping and tunneling. Sometimes they are.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2661048#Comment_2661048

    now I know what you mean but idk how that works out for you? If someone does that I spam hit and I down the survivors in the same second when he finished saboing. Actually I never had someone who managed take a hit, sabo and successfully dead hard after that.

    thats not possible since its 2.5 and a 3 sec cooldown if you spam ur dead hard ur faster