How does MMR actually work?
Is Survivor and Killer MMR put together as one? Does each side have it's own MMR? or does each character have their own MMR?
I ask because I play mostly survivor. I have an escape rate 75%+ and I get matched with pretty decent teams and killers. I haven't played a ton of killer because I'm working on unlocking more perks. With that being said I'm not very good with killer but I'm getting matched against survivors close to the level I get matched with when I play survivor and everyone has full on meta builds which is cool cuz it helps me learn a lot quicker, but is this because I have higher MMR as survivor and therefore it knows that I have an understanding of the game so it makes a compensation for that? Or maybe it just comes down to the time that I play which is mostly in the middle of the night at some point between 2am - 7am due to my working schedule.
I'd really appreciate if someone could help me clear this up.
Comments
Each side has their own MMR and each killer has their own individual MMR
MMR is calculated by escapes and kills, more specifically it's not taken as '1v4' it's '1vs1 1v1 1v1 1v1'
So even getting 1 kill can raise your MMR, depending on the rating of the survivor and so on. Survivors always lose MMR if they die but they lose less depending on who gets sacrificed first
Nothing else is taken into account, it's kills and escapes and length of the match.
In short, it's escape based matchmaking, not SBMM
It doesn't
I...disagree.
I totally understand that it needs more nuance on the survivor side of things, but my killer games have been so, so much better in general than they were before.
From what we know:
I hope this helps!
Sorry, I should've clarified.
It doesn't work as a matchmaking system in the context of dbd. It's so wildly incompetent it makes me look like a good player.
I didn't mind it at first, but it's getting old quick. One minute you're in the shallow end of the pool, and then you take a step into the Mariana Trench (and vice versa).
Kills and escapes (especially escapes) are an awful way of measuring skill at this game.