Should boon totems activate soul guards effect or not?

Because it does. least according to what i've heard. whether its a bug or fully intentional is a different story, and tbf i haven't had a chance to check, so this all could be theoretical nonsense.

and tbh i don't believe soul guard was designed around the premise that it could be permanently and always kept up.

Not experienced it in one of my games yet, but yeah. infinite recovery, with protective barrier. paired with the new boon totem the artist's chapter is coming with that means.

Place down new boon - have 100% recovery speed in radius of boon and infinite pickup, and infinite pickup/with a protection effect anywhere.


....

one boon totem is all thats required, so long as everyone else brings soulguard. let alone multiple people putting down boon totems (of any kind) in order to activate soul guard for another player, to safely let them recover from the dying state across the map.

Soul guard just became one of the best survivor perks.

Comments

  • Hope this is a bug as it says "as long as there's a hex active" and boon is not really a hex if you ask me

  • Its far from one of the best survivor perks, unbreakable will remain meta out of the heal from dying state perks and soul guard will see little usage.

    Maybe I'm wrong, and I'll concede that I'm wrong if it starts getting used a ton, but I just can't see it being used too often even with it bugged like this (or atleast I presume it's a bug).

  • Soul Guard does not work and it's not supposed to.

    Cheryl's perks seem to be in tune with evil and darkness as she has endured a lot from what I hear, so it would make no sense for her ability to trigger off of holy magicks.

    Boons are a Blessing, and Hexes are Curses. They are two sides of the same coin but the distinction is an important one I feel.

  • Not really. Using Soul Guard that way still has the same issue as Boon: Exponential.

    The Killer can hear the boon, which would make them suspicious. It’s sort of like No Mither the giveaway means you’d rarely get to use it.

    Unless you’re slugged a super long time and can crawl to a boon away from where you were downed, but at that point the time efficiency is still in the Killer’s favor

  • @NoOneKnowsNova said:

    Its far from one of the best survivor perks, unbreakable will remain meta out of the heal from dying state perks and soul guard will see little usage.

    Maybe I'm wrong, and I'll concede that I'm wrong if it starts getting used a ton, but I just can't see it being used too often even with it bugged like this (or atleast I presume it's a bug).

    Depends it think.

    If I'm not mistaken when you get up with soul guard and you get a hit then you get take it as if it's BT right?

    So it might be better than ub then unless they took it away

  • Schrodinger's boon. It absolutely does and doesnt trigger soul guard... maybe.

  • @Dennis_van_eijk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2658160#Comment_2658160

    Depends it think.

    If I'm not mistaken when you get up with soul guard and you get a hit then you get take it as if it's BT right?

    So it might be better than ub then unless they took it away

    Doesn't have the speed boost to healing up however, and relies on certain events (a hex totem being lit up or in the bugged version a boon).

    Unbreakable is already inconsistent, although more consistent than soul guard will ever be hence soul guard not being meta.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    It definitely should not. The idea of Soul Guard is that it gives you strength when you are met with insurmountable hardship, being downed and cursed is definitely that. Being downed and blessed is definitely not that... that is what Boon : Exponential will be for.

    Well, yeah, but it works with Unbreakable, or just getting picked up. Why wouldn't it work with Exponential?

  • @NoOneKnowsNova said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2658173#Comment_2658173

    Doesn't have the speed boost to healing up however, and relies on certain events (a hex totem being lit up or in the bugged version a boon).

    Unbreakable is already inconsistent, although more consistent than soul guard will ever be hence soul guard not being meta.

    Yeah true, forgot about the speed boost to healing.

    I never use it so it's easy to miss some things from it

  • Yes it should. The perk says that when your up from the dying state you gain the endurance status effect. It doesn't matter if how your up from the dying state just as long as your up. Otherwise it wouldn't work with unbreakable or no Mither which it does.

    The hex requirement just says that you can pick yourself up from the dying state

  • Boon totems don't work with soul guard. Proof I just recorded like 10 minutes ago.


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDHgg3Ru7KY
  • @gatsby said:

    Not really. Using Soul Guard that way still has the same issue as Boon: Exponential.

    The Killer can hear the boon, which would make them suspicious. It’s sort of like No Mither the giveaway means you’d rarely get to use it.

    Unless you’re slugged a super long time and can crawl to a boon away from where you were downed, but at that point the time efficiency is still in the Killer’s favor

    You're talking like the killer can hear the boon from really far away. They have a 24m radius, and you have to be basically upon them (something like 5 or 6m) to hear them as killer.

  • @Labrac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2658171#Comment_2658171

    You're talking like the killer can hear the boon from really far away. They have a 24m radius, and you have to be basically upon them (something like 5 or 6m) to hear them as killer.

    You can hear them from a 28 meter actually (the sound effect is the same range as PTB).

    It’s pretty distinct for me at least, but I also can hear survivor breathing most of the time unless its bugged

  • @RiskyKara said:

    Boon totems don't work with soul guard. Proof I just recorded like 10 minutes ago.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDHgg3Ru7KY

    Out here doing Lord Entity's work.

  • @gatsby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2658212#Comment_2658212

    You can hear them from a 28 meter actually (the sound effect is the same range as PTB).

    It’s pretty distinct for me at least, but I also can hear survivor breathing most of the time unless its bugged

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=byK-yWvtl5I not even close

  • No, boons should not trigger soul guard. A boon is not a curse.