When the match finishs and you see the killers build
Do survivors ever feel a bit silly when they've brought the full on boring meta build with purple flashlights and bm'd a killer throught the match. Only to find at the end the killer was a beginner or only had a couple of tier 1 perks?
Comments
Although I’m not a survivor player, when the opposite happens (bringing a full build and playing my best against new players as killer) I don’t feel bad. Neither side can predict the match beforehand so they should bring their A game.
If it does happen, I’ve never seen evidence of it.
I never seen such a build since MMR is a thing.
But I have more and more Blights that use different builds other than Sheep build which is a nice change
I'm not running the full meta, only one or two and not all the time.
I feel a little sad for them if they had a hard match.
No because I don't use full meta perks, I don't BM, and I'm not going against beginner killers.
I dont BM a Killer. And I almost never see Killers without complete builds, only happens when a new Killer is released.
But if someone wants to play a Killer with 1 Tier 1-Perk, it is their fault. And they should not really expect to win. You can earn BPs pretty easy as Killer to get at least a semi-decent Build quite fast.
There is no point in not bringing a full meta build on either side.
Killers can tunnel and camp basekit. There's no fix to that other than perks.
Survivors can split on gens basekit. There's no fix to that even for meta killers other than to bring perks.
So, I doubt anyone feels silly. OP might.
Nah, they don't. The occasion I finally decided to turn off endgame chat forever I was BMed through the entire match doing adept Demogorgon and at the end they even told me to neck myself k.
I never did, because I never ran meta, or BMd a killer.
On the killer end - yeah. I'll go up against a group with fancy, themed skins and names and - expecting a stompy SWF I'll throw on my strongest build and addons.
Then it turns out it's just a bunch of friends trying the game.
I'll usually get a sense after the first kill or so, and I'll usually ease up substantially and try to give them a fun experience.
Unless they are BM. BM = no mercy.
When I got my Adept Wraith, I ran into a Leon who started off immediately teabagging and spam clicking a flashlight -- right before he went down in a heap in about 15 seconds, at shack no less. He ended up dying first out of the group if I remember correctly.
I'm on console, so I have no idea what anyone might have been said in post-game chat, but I can only imagine what I would have thought if I'd been him and seen my crappy Wraith perks (Predator is one of the worst perks in the game, Shadowborn is great ... on Nurse, and Bloodhound is mediocre at best) and realized that me and my team had been wrecked by it. It would have been humbling for me if I had been that Leon.
I kept hearing the line from one of Samination's videos: "You got killed by The Wraith ... THE WRAITH!". It made me chuckle, at least. 🤣
Interesting points, it only crossed my mind as I played a match where tgere was an obvious 3 man (matching names, outfits and they all brought purple flashlights). I was levelling up a new killer for me, it was like my 5th match with him so my perks were basic to say the least (franklins was the best thing I had, infact making them drop their flashlights became my personal win condition lol). Match went as I expected, constant attempts to flashlight save and loads of bobbing up and down at predropped pallets. Eventually i killed 2 of the swf, let the solo person who'd ended up with them leave at the gate. The other had bt off a hook and got away.
When the post game came up, they all had the typical t3 dh, ds, bt etc and then I saw my 3 t1 perks and I wondered how I'd feel if I was in their position. Mind you, I don't play like that as survivor anyway.
I just play killer and I can hardly ever think of survivors commenting on my perks. Other than the one a few weeks ago that was super salty at losing and called me a trash killer with NOED. (I wasn’t using NOED, it was Thanatophobia, and the gens never finished so even if I had NOED it would have made no difference.) If anybody has ever been thinking “huh, you don’t see Deerstalker every day” or whatever they never say it.
I think they understand deep down that the only people they can get away with BMing during the game and not at exit gates are beginners. So I doubt they feel silly.
I have seen it... But I don't run "meta" other then BT
But What are we suppose to do... we don't know who we're facing
But I do feel a type of way about using 4 tier 3 perks against someone whom is only using one tier 1 perk
I once use Splinter offering to play Bubba, no perk no addon.
A survivor tbag at gate. Then process to EZ in chat. When it was obviously a stock Bubba.
People will do anything in game to feel higher because theyare so low irl