Freddy Vs Doctor: Who's better at fake pallets?
So recently Im trying to adapt my playstyle to fake pallets just for fun, and Freddy and Doctor both have this capability, but who's better at it? Freddy's pallet don't disappear if a survivor is near them, but you also have to wait until they fall asleep or it doesn't work. Doctor's pallet are passive so you don't have to set them up, but the fact that they disappear if a survivor is near by, might give them time to run to another loop instead of staying there like with a dream pallet.
Who do you say it's better at it? I personally always used dream snares so Im not skilled enough with pallets to say
Comments
I prefer Doctor just because I don't have to set them up and manage them and because by the end of the game I'll have far more fake pallets than Freddy can.
Order's easily my favorite class of addons on Doc. I love the confusion, and also the easy indicator of what parts of the map I've already cleaned up versus what parts of the map still have resources.
I like Freddy’s Dream Pallets better because, unlike the Doctor’s pallets, the Dream Pallets put up an interaction prompt and the survivor can waste time turning around and dropping them for no effect, or even worse get a condition put on them if you have a related add-on. Doctor’s pallets have no such prompt, they’re just visual illusions, so as the survivor runs near them they see it has no prompt and just keep running.
(In fact, even though I agree Freddy’s snares are a bit better than his pallets, the pallets are just so much fun when they work that I always use them! Nothing funnier than the free hit you get when a survivor falls for a pallet shaped blood ballon.) 😄
Freddy. Doctor's illusionary pallets disappear once you get close to them, so they're not really that useful. Freddy's Dream pallets can be interacted with and lock a survivor into a pallet throwing animation if they decide to throw one, which can get them downed or injured.
You can't actually control Doc's fake pallets. Freddy's pallets allow you to place them anywhere (well, any place a pallet would be) you'd like, as long as there is space for it.
Unlike Doctor, Freddy's fake pallets allow you to set them up before a pallet is even destroyed, so that's a plus. Correct me if I'm wrong on that part.
And finally, Freddy's pallets can slow the survivor down if they use the pallet, since they won't move in the animation lock. With Doc, the survivor can just keep moving.
Both of their fake pallets are pretty cool tho.