In case you guys missed: Redshell Spyware is secretly used in DbD

I would like to kindly ask the devs to remove the spyware Redshell, or at the very least present an option to opt out of it.

I find this unacceptable, especially in light of the recent GPDR changes.

Relevant links:

Steam Forums thread: https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/1694923613869972615/
Relevant thread on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/8pud8b/psa_red_shell_spyware_holy_potatoes_were_in_space/

Thank you.

EDIT:

RedShell planned to be removed with 2.0

Source:

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/2994/redshell-in-dead-by-daylight/p1?new=1

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Not one thread .. BUT TWO! TWO OF THEM!?!?!?!?
    My god, you guys need to do your research. I won't link it for you this time, I am requesting that you actually look it up yourself. In your searchbar, type something like "Redshell - gamers" or "what is redshell used for."
    This program simply gives BHVR feedback on the best ways to advertise DbD, so that people buying the game in the future know what DbD is and do not buy it thinking it is the new COD 7 or World of Warcraft 5.

    What part of "violates EU law" dont you get? Lol
  • @weirdkid5 the law has about 30 days before it takes effect, though. So having Redshell right now is not against the law, and they are removing it with 2.0.0 to meet that 30 day deadline.

  • what i can't understand is why you guys want to bury down a game that you play when you know Devs are about to delete it from the game tomorrow . Just a random thought

  • @RagingCalm said:
    @weirdkid5 the law has about 30 days before it takes effect, though. So having Redshell right now is not against the law, and they are removing it with 2.0.0 to meet that 30 day deadline.

    Doesn't mean that they are doing it "because they care about us." They are doing it because they literally have to lmao

  • I don't like this at all.

1 2 ›