MMR NOT WORKING??

Maybe it's just me or maybe it's just the region I live in cause I swear mmr isn't working

Tonight I played maybe idk 15-20 trapper games and out of those all of them accept 2 of them were swfs with bnp dead hard and bt

At first I thought I kept running into the same squad over and over again but i checked cause I recorded all my matches and they were different people

Of those 20 or so games I wanna say at least maybe 10 or 12 was 4 man escapes so I'm just curious how come my mmr didn't lower? I mean certainly you can't tell me these swfs were low mmr and even if they were in theory shouldn't my mmr get low enough eventually I'm basically guaranteed to get solo survivors or worse players

Isn't that how its supposed to work or am I missing something?

Comments

  • I noticed that MMR stops working when there's not enough of your expected MMR and just throws any available players at you so that could be it and there's like 24k players currently playing and that's half of their average.

  • Make a group survivor queue. Easy.

  • It’s probably not working because of multiple factors:

    • the adjustment after one/a few losses is not that big and doesn’t change your complete rating since you got to that rating after many many matches. 15-20 matches is not enough to lower your mmr significantly.
    • The survs that play in SWF don’t get matched perfectly especially if their MMRs differ greatly from each other.
    • Not enough players around your MMR currently actively searching for lobby.
    • MMR being only Kill/Escape based isn’t that good of an indicator how skilled a player is.
    • RNG and general game balance


  • @Mooks said:

    It’s probably not working because of multiple factors:

    • the adjustment after one/a few losses is not that big and doesn’t change your complete rating since you got to that rating after many many matches. 15-20 matches is not enough to lower your mmr significantly.
    • The survs that play in SWF don’t get matched perfectly especially if their MMRs differ greatly from each other.
    • Not enough players around your MMR currently actively searching for lobby.
    • MMR being only Kill/Escape based isn’t that good of an indicator how skilled a player is.
    • RNG and general game balance

    The first point can't be it because 15-20 is quite a bit more then a few games buddy and even if that is a relatively small sample size devs have said you lose mmr for every escape and you lose more if they have higher mmr then you and escape and at least have were 4e as I said that should've lost me tons of points

    Point 2 is solid perhaps that played a factor

    Same with point 3,4, and 5

    It just felt bad man like I kept playing hoping I'd find at least one solo queue survivor but I only found 2 :(

    And I was trapper, they all disarmed the majority of my traps :(

  • @GrayEyes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2653310#Comment_2653310

    The first point can't be it because 15-20 is quite a bit more then a few games buddy and even if that is a relatively small sample size devs have said you lose mmr for every escape and you lose more if they have higher mmr then you and escape and at least have were 4e as I said that should've lost me tons of points

    Point 2 is solid perhaps that played a factor

    Same with point 3,4, and 5

    It just felt bad man like I kept playing hoping I'd find at least one solo queue survivor but I only found 2 :(

    And I was trapper, they all disarmed the majority of my traps :(

    Another point I missed is that your MMR doesn’t get adjusted greatly if you kill someone that has already a way lower MMR or if Someone with an already way higher MMR escapes against you. Which ties in to my first point and makes it more valid when combined with the other points.


    in the end, the current matchmaking is not really because of multiple reasons. But well… Emblem/rank based matchmaking didn’t work either and personally was even worse.

  • @GrayEyes said:

    Maybe it's just me or maybe it's just the region I live in cause I swear mmr isn't working

    Tonight I played maybe idk 15-20 trapper games and out of those all of them accept 2 of them were swfs with bnp dead hard and bt

    At first I thought I kept running into the same squad over and over again but i checked cause I recorded all my matches and they were different people

    Of those 20 or so games I wanna say at least maybe 10 or 12 was 4 man escapes so I'm just curious how come my mmr didn't lower? I mean certainly you can't tell me these swfs were low mmr and even if they were in theory shouldn't my mmr get low enough eventually I'm basically guaranteed to get solo survivors or worse players

    Isn't that how its supposed to work or am I missing something?

    It happens sometimes. You'll get thrown into lobbies way stronger than you.

    I've thought of 4 possibilities:

    • SBMM isn't working right now, the system is under maintenance. This is usually characterized by multiple instant queues on offpeak times.
    • SBMM thinks you are better than you are, because you had a run of lucky 3-4ks. You'll have to eat a few losses until your MMR stabilizes.
    • Another killer dodged a nasty looking lobby, and it grabbed the next killer in line with substantially relaxed matchmaking. If I instaque into a lobby with themed names or fancy skins, I might dodge unless I'm very confident on that killer.
    • You got smurfed.
  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/295998/mmr-not-working

    It happens sometimes. You'll get thrown into lobbies way stronger than you.

    I've thought of 4 possibilities:

    • SBMM isn't working right now, the system is under maintenance. This is usually characterized by multiple instant queues on offpeak times.
    • SBMM thinks you are better than you are, because you had a run of lucky 3-4ks. You'll have to eat a few losses until your MMR stabilizes.
    • Another killer dodged a nasty looking lobby, and it grabbed the next killer in line with substantially relaxed matchmaking. If I instaque into a lobby with themed names or fancy skins, I might dodge unless I'm very confident on that killer.
    • You got smurfed.

    I believe all of these are possibilities and I understand that and accept It

    It just sucks cause I thought they wanted to balance around 2k and 2e at least that's what they said

    And last night I didn't feel like I ever had the chance to get 2ks vs those squads no matter how great I played I tried mind gaming I tried moon walking I tried waiting out dh and bt

    Every time someone else just came and body blocked like a pro

  • @Myla said:

    I noticed that MMR stops working when there's not enough of your expected MMR and just throws any available players at you so that could be it and there's like 24k players currently playing and that's half of their average.

    Yep I noticed this when I started getting Iri survivors in my killer lobby (I'm not a good killer). And being matched with survivors from vastly different regions like Canada and Taiwan with pings over 120ms.