Pig needs a rework

The fact that your main power is luck based is so bad... because it doesn't depend on the player's skill, since it depends on the player's luck. I think that making 5 jigsaw boxes spawn, and force the survivor to do 4 boxes out of 5 (of his own choice to prevent box camping) would definitely make the pig better.

And talking about the ambush, i tried the new add-on that increased your speed and your charge time. The charge time penalty is stupid and have no reason to be there. But i think that increasing the ambush dash speed would make this power way more usable. I'm so sad, as a pig main, to compare her power to Demo... cause i had such a blast using his power on every loop. I would love to see pig able to do that as well.

Comments

  • @Faulds said:

    The fact that your main power is luck based is so bad... because it doesn't depend ont the player's skill, since it depends on the player's luck. I think that making 5 jigsaw boxes spawn, and force the survivor to do 4 boxes out of 5 (of his own choice to prevent box camping) would definitely make the pig better.

    And talking about the ambush, i tried the new add-on that increased your speed and your charge time. The charge time penalty is stupid and have no reason to be there. But i think that increasing the ambush dash speed would make this power way more usable. I'm so sad, as a pig main, to compare her power to Demo... cause i had such a blast using his power on every loop. I would love to see pig able to do that as well.

    As much as this game is generally surv sided, pig is already fair in my opinion. The trap massively slows down gen progress because the survs have to move around the map just to take the trap off. The fact that she can squat and hide her terror radius makes her very hard to detect already. On top of that she has a super long lunge when she uses ambush. IF you really want to change pig... Here's my suggestion:


    I won't touch the crouch, stealth, lunge kit.

    Put more boxes to interact with for survivors to disarm reverse bear traps on the map. maybe 7 or 8 of them.

    Chance to remove trap: 10-15% + 5% for each fail attempt

    Traps always come off on the last possible try.


    Sound fair?

  • @Kiikii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/295862/pig-needs-a-rework

    There only should be a 80% chance to remove the RBT so there is a fairness and all traps set in the head should not be reliant on gens so they should automatically activate.

    80% chance is a bit much. People would usually get it on first try, if not, the second try. That's quite useless as a power. I don't suggest removing the part about the thing being reliant on gens tho.

    First, doing that means when you knock someone down after all 5 gens, your RBT becomes an in built "blood warden" and the killer only needs to check the disarm boxes instead of checking those PLUS gens.

    Second, removing that part grants the pig an ability too much pressure IF she is decent, not giving survivors enough room to make choice other than "I got RBT on me, must remove it now" and the teammates can just continue doing gens.

    As you know from my post, I'm not a fan of one trick pony playstyles. Generally, both sides should be given at least 2 choices to make for every situation. To me that opens up room for counterplay from either side which makes it more fair.

  • @Terramortius said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/295862/pig-needs-a-rework

    As much as this game is generally surv sided, pig is already fair in my opinion. The trap massively slows down gen progress because the survs have to move around the map just to take the trap off. The fact that she can squat and hide her terror radius makes her very hard to detect already. On top of that she has a super long lunge when she uses ambush. IF you really want to change pig... Here's my suggestion:

    I won't touch the crouch, stealth, lunge kit.

    Put more boxes to interact with for survivors to disarm reverse bear traps on the map. maybe 7 or 8 of them.

    Chance to remove trap: 10-15% + 5% for each fail attempt

    Traps always come off on the last possible try.

    Sound fair?

    i thought they reduced the number of boxes from 6 (with add-ons) to 4 specifically because bad rng would prevent a survivor from being able to remove the trap. So i don't think that they will back-track on that. About her ambush and her stealth, compare it to wraith and demo... you'll see how lackluster it is in game.

    @Kiikii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/295862/pig-needs-a-rework

    There only should be a 80% chance to remove the RBT so there is a fairness and all traps set in the head should not be reliant on gens so they should automatically activate.

    I thought about an add-on iridescent that would do that... but on second thought, if you can pair it with current video tape: it might be too oppressive.

  • @Faulds said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2651431#Comment_2651431

    i thought they reduced the number of boxes from 6 (with add-ons) to 4 specifically because bad rng would prevent a survivor from being able to remove the trap. So i don't think that they will back-track on that. About her ambush and her stealth, compare it to wraith and demo... you'll see how lackluster it is in game.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2651434#Comment_2651434

    I thought about an add-on iridescent that would do that... but on second thought, if you can pair it with current video tape: it might be too oppressive.

    I'm not sure about previous versions but so far all my games with the current version of pig has been fair. I think it's 5 boxes now.

    I don't really have a problem with her tho, I'm only suggesting the change because someone else(you) is facing an issue and I always try my best to provide balanced solutions.

  • @Terramortius said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2651445#Comment_2651445

    I'm not sure about previous versions but so far all my games with the current version of pig has been fair. I think it's 5 boxes now.

    I don't really have a problem with her tho, I'm only suggesting the change because someone else(you) is facing an issue and I always try my best to provide balanced solutions.

    Currently, the maximum number of boxes is 4 (add-ons don't change it anymore; since the add-on pass). And pig's problem is inconsistency. Some games, i can down survivors easily and someone dies with a head pop... an other game, i'm barely able to down people and they get their traps off really quick. Her current power is like playing with a power one game, and with no power the other... that shouldn't be a thing since your "skill" has no part in it.


  • @Kiikii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2651444#Comment_2651444

    Well currently there is a 25% chance per box it should be 20-40-60-80 per box up to that gives a 20% chance to fail.

    That's quite underwhelming as a power considering how her duck and lunge power can be massively played around if you do it right.

  • @Faulds said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2651448#Comment_2651448

    Currently, the maximum number of boxes is 4 (add-ons don't change it anymore; since the add-on pass). And pig's problem is inconsistency. Some games, i can down survivors easily and someone dies with a head pop... an other game, i'm barely able to down people and they get their traps off really quick. Her current power is like playing with a power one game, and with no power the other... that shouldn't be a thing since your "skill" has no part in it.

    In that case, another suggestion would be to reduce the number of boxes and make it so that you need to clear all in order to remove it. Wouldn't that be better?

  • @Terramortius said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2651464#Comment_2651464

    In that case, another suggestion would be to reduce the number of boxes and make it so that you need to clear all in order to remove it. Wouldn't that be better?

    If you make survivors go through 3 boxes scattered on the map, but they have to do them all... the pig could camp one and take the game hostage easily (i think). That's why i'd rather make the survivors go through 4 boxes out of 5 (of their own choice).

  • @Faulds said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2651466#Comment_2651466

    If you make survivors go through 3 boxes scattered on the map, but they have to do them all... the pig could camp one and take the game hostage easily (i think). That's why i'd rather make the survivors go through 4 boxes out of 5 (of their own choice).

    The pig could do that, yes, but he wouldn't camp 1 box to let 4 survivors freely do gens.

    Orrr, another idea would be to make the boxes become "buttons" that you just walk up to and press, no need for the progress bar. Then you scatter like 10-15 buttons and the surv has to hit them all to get it off.

  • @Terramortius said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2651467#Comment_2651467

    The pig could do that, yes, but he wouldn't camp 1 box to let 4 survivors freely do gens.

    Orrr, another idea would be to make the boxes become "buttons" that you just walk up to and press, no need for the progress bar. Then you scatter like 10-15 buttons and the surv has to hit them all to get it off.

    You increase the RNG in her kit, i want to delete it.

  • @Kiikii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2651465#Comment_2651465

    I usually never have a issue landing that but around specific locations for loops it's impossible in some cases because of the loop length.

    But having a 100% chance to remove the RBT is unacceptable, it should be 70%-80% with addons for 70% because as it stands I don't believe it's 25% because everytime I try to remove it it's usually the first two boxes and doesn't do much so the trap should activate immediately or the removal rate needs to be fairer to the pig, I personally would like to see a 70% base chance to remove the RBT, but with addons 60% chance as this is still favorable for the survivors and the killer.

    I'm a surv main and out of 10 player with very good basics as a killer, only 50-60% of the lunges thrown at me actually hit. If your survs know how to mindgame it and where they can and can't mindgame it, it can really get quite hard to hit.

    Again for the 100%, I have no issues with pig. I'm just suggesting something cause someone else has an issue with it. He said he doesn't want luck to be involved so I took out the luck factor and made it harder to remove the RBT