No way out after hatch i kinda feel bad
I remembered reading that even after the hatch is closed no way out can still activate. So i tested it and i kinda found the killers version of tbagging at the exit gate i guess lol. I felt so bad though and wonder if this is a good thing. Before no way out didn't do this if i remember correctly. Do you guys think it should activate after hatch is closed?
https://youtu.be/wTSERy7tCQ0
Comments
Probably shouldn't do that. However honestly, the perk already is quite mediocre and highly overrated by people. I can't think of a single match where I'm like wow that perk really carried.
I think you would on average get vastly more kills running Blood Warden...a perk that is already extremely situational and arguable mediocre itself and could use buffs.
I think NWO is a nice medium between NOED (too overkill when active) and Blood Warden (timing to pull it off is too precise and situational, and countered by 99ing the exit gate).
I mean, if you close the hatch, there really is no way out. especially if you run remember me.
I've been trying to make NWO work with the nemesis ink roll addon.
I've lost some survivors because of that, but they're always visibly scared.
If you feel bad that the survivor has no way out after closing the hatch you shouldn't equip a perk called no way out
It's useful as endgame slowdown though. If all four survivors are still alive it may get you a sacrifice or two. Even if you're intending to let the last survivor go there's still value in not risking a 0K game.
It's the same as Whispers. It guarantees the last survivor isn't going to escape through the gates at the endgame.
I don't feel bad because the survivor already had a chance with the Hatch.
Eh.
I don't run NWO much for this reason - I really like the ability to give 1 survivor or even 2 (on the rare occasion, when they've played a fantastic game) gates. I feel legit bad when I accidently 'troll' with NWO.
I'll try to give hatch at times too, but sometimes it's hard to convince survivors to go there :D.
I don't think it's overrated. Considering how bad gen regression perks like Ruin and Pop are right now due to being inconsistent, having a guaranteed slowdown of 1 minute at the endgame imo is huge. Especially because survivors usually try to push through the last gen ASAP while injured, so you can easily snowball.
I doubt BW would give more kills though. It's easily countered by 99ing gates.
They're no longer pushing through the last gen injured with CoH in the meta. You say Ruin and Pop are bad regression but you are getting way, way more than 60 seconds of regression out of those perks compared to No Way Out.
How often are the gates opened as all 4 run out? Not very. You usually still end up with one on the hook as they're opened. I'm not implying Blood Warden is great, it needs buffs. Just pointing out how No Way Out is worse than a perk that already needs help.
Good players will just wait out the duration of No Way Out while being no where near a door.
Well, Ruin in my experience gets done in less than 2 minutes 9 out of 10 games, even if paired with Undying, and Pop is just a placebo perk. You lose a ton of chase time and survivors can undo the regression you made in seconds with Prove Thyself or a Toolbox. In the current meta with boons I think passive regression is the way to go, especially Corrupt and No Way Out. Killer regression is just laughable compared to survivor progression.
No Way Out easily scores me an endgame snowball more frequently than not. It gives a noise notification of which gate survivors touched, so hiding through it is easier said than done. In fact it's so good that NOED + NWO had to be banned from tournaments.
check out "Benjo - DBD shorts" on youtube. some excellent blood warden plays.