When you ban for DC, you should also ban players that induce DC

There are killers out there, like some streamers with DC in 30 to 40% of their trials because they are toxics, hard camping and tunneling first hook. You clearly have stats about it, why do you still let them playing the game while half the time someone is DCing ?

Personaly, when i play killer, no one is DC'ing, it happens like 1 time out of 50 trials.

Ban those toxic players and the toxicity will hugely decrease.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @JohnWeak said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2649532#Comment_2649532

    Well when i face a killer that has a ton of message on steam saying "-rep tunneler camper first hook" and that's what he/shed did in the trial i have just played and when i see streamers with a DC half their games, sure there is a problem but don't turn it around, the responsible of the DC is the killer as he/she is the common denominator in all those games.

    If the way he/she is playing result in a high DC rate, 10,20 or 30% higher than the usual average rate of the global playerbase, the problem comes from this player.

    If you ever did stats in your life you would know it's the plain truth. But most of you disagree because you are killer mains, surely camping and tunneling in all the trials you play. Cannot be otherwise.

    You guys defending this are exactly the same as players defending teamkills in FPS competitive games.

    You're damn straight I defend team kills in FPS games, because it's a GAME, not real life. That's why no one's taking this post seriously

  • @JohnWeak said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2649426#Comment_2649426

    You guys have no moral at all, it is crazy this new generation, i'm wondering what your education is.

    When a boss push you to the limit to the point you burn out it is your own fault ?

    A killer that has 30%+ trials where opponents DC is an abuser and deserve a permaban exactly as when a boss has 30% of his/he employees in a burn out, he deserves a law punishment. The problem doesn't come from the burned out ppl, the cause is the boss.

    It is exactly the same here. But well, without being mean, seeing the new generation living their life through dumb videos on TikTok, TV reality and Instagram, no wonder why the Transvaluation of values exist and we can blatantly see it here.

    The bully is the victim and the real victim is the idiot that deserve to be punished.

    Great way of seeing "life". Don't expect positivity in your life thinking like this, you will be frustrated all the time 😂

    You dare speak of moral, while attacking other peoples characters over playing of a game.

    This new generation? I have been playing video games longer then most and since the very first generation home computers.

    What does my university degree have anything to do with my arguments?

    The killer is not your boss, the game is not a job... if you are burned out, maybe it is time to move on, take a break or change mentality.

    The fact of the matter is simple, you don't take responsibility for your actions. The opponents in a game are not responsible for the enjoyment or opportunities of the opposing team.

    Old school gamers don't need to blame others for their choices and their gaming experience. You can blame the new generation all you want, but to me you sound like a 13 year old ... unable to reflect, blaming others for their own actions and failing to understand the game.

    My life is perfectly happy, I have the ability to take responsibility for my actions and aren't dependent upon others.

    Who exactly is frustrated here?

  • Fair play is a myth, u can learn it by playing killer

  • Just had a game and 2 flashlight wielding claudettes DC'd because I equipped Lightborn lol. I should be punished for that?

  • @JohnWeak said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2649354#Comment_2649354

    You cannot troll if DCing still gives a ban penalty.

    You don't know the killer you are facing, if he has a toxic history or not.

    Killers that have a huge survivors DC rate are just toxic. When a killer has 30 to 40% DC rate on 1000 trials, sure this player must be removed from the game.

    And you can check some Fog Whisperers streamers, some of them have DC in pretty much all their games and why ? Because they are camping and hard tunneling. I can't even understand why BHVR keeps the partnership with such players. They show the bad side of the game/community and give a terrible example on how to play the game.

    As a survivor i'm at a MMR where it is impossible to have a fun game, camping and tunneling 1st hook in like 80% of the trials. Expulsing a survivor that could not do anything but being tunneled for 5 minutes and die is not a tactic, it's just bullying, being toxic and it's like harassment.

    As a killer, i never camp/tunnel and in the end chat the survivors often thank me for this... some even tell me that there are almost no fair killer left.

    You know, the last part of your post is just the problem that both sides face and most of it stem from the SBMM: play long enough and you will blow through the "baby" ranks and soon emerge into gold and iri ranks, where the game stops being a fun and casual "lol I am only here to fool around" affair, but where the best players of the playerbase have to play sweaty, load up on meta perks and just give it their all, sometimes just to not get depipped. And there is nearly no going back, so once you are in iri, you either suck it up and keep on fooling around, accepting that the gens will just fly by and everyone loops as a god and you will be "lol ez"ed at, in the end game chat, or you adapt, play sweaty, give no corners, slug people for a minute before picking them up etc. etc.

    I had people who finished all gens in 3min when I tried out Clown in the high ranks, and when I facecamped the single one that I managed to hook, just to get one small measure of success, I was yelled at and "reported" by everyone. The solution would be the option to let everyone play casual, ie with out ranks and sorta everyone in one big pool, but BEVR dont want this, as to maintain manageable waiting times.

  • Punishing people for being DC'd against is one of the most bonkers things I've ever seen suggested on here, and I've seen a lot.

    Should I be banned because I brought Lightborn against a flashy squad? Or I didn't fall for some streamer's super brilliant CJ tech and ruined their bully simulator compilation? Or because I went against a salty SWF who all DCed when they were downed on death hook? People DC for all kinds of reasons; your first mistake was assuming that there's any validity to them.

    Even DCing because it's a basement Bubba type situation doesn't count. Disconnecting because you don't like how the game played out was never an intended part of game design. The 'leave match' option is meant to handle hostage situations, hackers, and other bugs that might prevent the game from ending. It's not supposed to be a 'screw this game, I'm out' button.

    This is advocating for banning people for using strategies the devs have repeatedly said are fine and part of the game. Do I like them? No, but that's not the point; they're within the rules and trying to work around this by banning them for getting ragequits would go wrong in so many ways.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    I downed someone as Wraith with a regular lunge and they immidiately DCd. No regression perks.

    Why should I be penalised for this

    These Developers @ BHVR are absolutely Clueless about game balance.

1 2 ›