Nerf ruin...

Original thread posted and im not sure how to delete this one so I'm just editing it all out.

Comments

  • Me with a heavy proxy playstyle, knowing I damn well can force trades till all of them are dead because of the 12 minute minimum matchtime and it taking 2 minutes for someone to die from a fresh hook.

  • @mrmain21 said:

    Sorry clickbait title...

    Im having to rewrite this entire thread so this one is a little irritated and more sloppy than the original unfortunately.

    I'll preface this by saying if your going to critique me please critique my concepts and not the numerical figures as those are just guesses as to what would be stable. Also this is probably not a new idea but let's continue the conversation.

    I play roughly 60/40 survivor and killer. I sympathize with both sides as solo games can be super brutal. You get teammates who do nothing and you have zero chance of winning and sometimes you get teams on your level and you dominate killers outside of nurse.

    I feel I dont speak just for myself when I say I'm tired of the slowdown, camp, tunnel, and genrush meta. I personally enjoy chases as killer and as survivor its easily the best thing about this game. We need a minimum game time with some caveats, let's say roughly 8-12 minute minimum depending on very simple variables.

    Lets say the gens are done in 5 minutes and you have 1 hook. The doors should be powered on and be able to be 99nd or opened entirely but the survivors shouldn't be able to leave.

    I dont have all the answers but that Is why I'm making this thread, what to do about emersed gamers, maybe BP rewards for everything done after the gates are powered?

    However the caveats being you can't hook and face camp, I think with this change the hook timers would have to be significantly upped and I think the game would be better for it, if all the changes occur. So you won't have the time to face camp everyone. Also I think this nerfs ruin ect because games with slowdowns automatically take a little bit longer.

    You could then focus on chasing survivors gaining hook states and removing resources for the EGC it also shifts the smashing gen priority of survivors to then opt to try and save resources instead, especially if brutal strength, enduring, noed, bamboozle becomes meta making your more dangerous in chase throughout the game instead of trying to pressure gens which is boring anyways.

    This minimum also would apply to games that the killer is already having a great game, say 2 gens are left and someone is already dead. For every person dead before the gens are completed X amount of time is removed, say 2 minutes? Along with upped hook timers you would actually have an incentive to chase unique survivors and gain hook states vs tunneling or camping to secure a kill.

    You would in theory be shooting yourself in the foot by slowing the game down with perks vs being more lethal. I prefer this over the meta now. I'd like to hear ideas from both sides and see what we can do to bring in a chase meta and bring this game out of the stale power creep perk game we have now

    It's a tricky one.

    I do sympathize - it's never nice to get stomped (and honestly it's not all that much more fun to be the stomper). Fortunately MMR has resulted in significantly more even-handed matches, where I'll at least get a 2k without having to sweat my change purse off in about 2/3 of my games.

    The meta is...unfortunately what it is.

    Looping is mostly dead outside of crazy safe pallets or pseudo-infinites like the various Houses of Pain. Now it's predrop pallet and hold W until the next vault/pallet or hide and do all the gens as fast as you can.

    I do think that both killers and survivors should get more BP baseline on games where they tried hard but got rolled. Survivors honestly have the sticky end on this one.

    That said, a few tricks I've found to farm BP rapidly:

    • Find one killer and master them. Preferably a good BP earner - Nemesis, Doctor, Hag and Cenobite are excellent for this. Avoid Plague, Myers, Ghostface and Pig if you value BP gains. I also find Wraith, Nurse and Bubba to be mediocre earners.
    • Always run BBQ.
    • Don't be afraid to slug. Sometimes the hook is less important than the pressure you get from having a slug and a chase.
    • Ditto to proxy camping. Don't facecamp, but always have an eye out for incoming survivors and don't be afraid to patrol back.
    • Sometimes you'll earn more BP by easing up when you are stomping than going for a hard 4k early. Even if one or two get away, you'll wind up with 30-35k before BBQ.
    • Always bring offerings when you can. These help so much when it comes to offsetting losses.


  • @WeenieDog said:

    Me with a heavy proxy playstyle, knowing I damn well can force trades till all of them are dead because of the 12 minute minimum matchtime and it taking 2 minutes for someone to die from a fresh hook.

    What would happen if they made the hook timer much longer though, would it be worth proxying if the first stage alone took 2 minutes? Ideally I think if the first survivor is camped to death, after they die the timer is reduced and most likely reduced enough for the remaining survivors to all leave.

    I didn't take into consideration people who just enjoy the camping play style and only assumed most would enjoy chases like me, so should be interesting to see what other opinions I get on this.

  • @mrmain21 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2648931#Comment_2648931

    What would happen if they made the hook timer much longer though, would it be worth proxying if the first stage alone took 2 minutes? Ideally I think if the first survivor is camped to death, after they die the timer is reduced and most likely reduced enough for the remaining survivors to all leave.

    I didn't take into consideration people who just enjoy the camping play style and only assumed most would enjoy chases like me, so should be interesting to see what other opinions I get on this.

    I think what you'd see is people getting frustrated because they spent the majority of the game on the hook because it was better for their allies to just slam out gens.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2649024#Comment_2649024

    I think what you'd see is people getting frustrated because they spent the majority of the game on the hook because it was better for their allies to just slam out gens.

    I got the same vibe. Not really from the perspective of the hooked, but the genners.

    If every hookstage took 2 minutes, their is no reason to get off your gen to get them off hook. If gens take 80 seconds solo, and a survivor takes 120 seconds to get to 2nd stage, people will be slamming them gens... Because there is no pressure to get them off hook... Except if there is a catch to doing gens while someone is on hook...:

    Every single gen that is done while a survivor is on hook takes a certain amount of time away from that survivor. Let's say every hookstage takes 2 minutes. Every gen done while a survivor is hooked takes away 30 seconds of that time.

    With 3 gens done, this would effectively put the hooked survivor on 2nd hookstage instantly, depending on how much time the survivors took to complete those gens.

    This effect will not happen if the killer is within a set distance of the hook, to combat face-camping.

  • @IWFreak said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2649061#Comment_2649061

    I got the same vibe. Not really from the perspective of the hooked, but the genners.

    If every hookstage took 2 minutes, their is no reason to get off your gen to get them off hook. If gens take 80 seconds solo, and a survivor takes 120 seconds to get to 2nd stage, people will be slamming them gens... Because there is no pressure to get them off hook... Except if there is a catch to doing gens while someone is on hook...:

    Every single gen that is done while a survivor is on hook takes a certain amount of time away from that survivor. Let's say every hookstage takes 2 minutes. Every gen done while a survivor is hooked takes away 30 seconds of that time.

    With 3 gens done, this would effectively put the hooked survivor on 2nd hookstage instantly, depending on how much time the survivors took to complete those gens.

    This effect will not happen if the killer is within a set distance of the hook, to combat face-camping.

    Okay, then they go second stage and better hope they ran DS. Because those gens are getting done, cuh.