How to win as Trickster?

I love The Trickster, but, i tried antigens builds, antiloop builds, fast recovery build, but gens still flying everytime. I dont know how i am with knives, but i got 2 or 3 main event during a trial. i really dont understand when people say Trickster is OK or fine. Every survivor knows run to safe loops and big buildings, SWF, meta perks.... How i can control my recoil better? what i supposed to do for got better perfomance as Trickster. I usually got 5,6, maybe 7 hook per match, 1, sometimes 2 kills. i got 1 down, they got 1 gen. Help me with tips for Trickster.

And of course i receive tbag and more on final. i play on console. BHVR. Do you know how meme Trickster is on console? Rework this.

Please dont lose your time here if you want attack me.

Comments

  • Hit knifes better I guess? There isn’t much to him other than that

  • Be good with the knives and proxy camp like Bubba. Trickster is amazing at forcing hook states and kills because he's a nightmare to save against.

  • Pray you don't get a map with walls you can't throw over. His chase power is pretty much at the mercy of how high a loop's walls are.

  • The most optimal way to play Trickster effectively is to play Huntress.

  • Select him and wait for people to DC.

  • Select an other killer.

  • @GannTM said:

    The most optimal way to play Trickster effectively is to play Huntress.

    What that means? I should hit knives closelly with survivor first?

  • I play on console so for me it is definitely harder to land hits with him, but I still have fun playing as him. Most of it is practicing with aim. I use gen block perks rather than gen regress perks: corrupt, thrilling, deadlock, and no way out with addons that increase my knife-holding movement speed (such as caged heart shoes) so I have an easier time throwing around loops.

    If I wanna feel speedy for fun, I'll use shadowborn and iron maiden with increased initial throw rate addons.

  • What platform are you on?

  • @Ricardo170373 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2647502#Comment_2647502

    What that means? I should hit knives closelly with survivor first?

    I’m saying Huntress is just better at all cylinders. If you want to play Trickster though, there’s not much else to say other than to use your knives at dead zones and loops because you have a much slower cooldown damaging a survivor with knives. There’s not much to learn about him really, all there is is practicing aim really.

  • Knowing where you can and can't use your power effectively is key. Some high wall loops are best just abandoned.

    Biggest tip that helped me is to not hold down the knife throwing button all the time. Your shots become a lot more accurate if you tap the button at the cost of just a little bit of speed.

    Survivors catched ofguard are easy injures so Infectious Fright is surprisingly effective on him imo.

    Other then that know Trickster is more of a defender rather then a aggressor getting a hook in the middle of some gens allows you to pressure multiple things and that's especially important on trickster.

    If you play on console there is nothing to do but accept he just wasn't build for console

    If you get RPD or Lerry's you go to your favorite corner and cry.