What value is there to be had in the dream world?

Freddy Krueger has always been my favorite horror villain, and watching how he initially played in Dead by Daylight is what drew me to the game and what made me purchase the game along with The Nightmare on Elm Street chapter. Imagine my surprise that after purchasing the chapter, I find out that he received a rework and played completely different from the videos that I saw.

He could teleport to generators, which was cool, but there was nothing special to the dream world anymore. Survivors could now see him if they're awake, and hear the heartbeat if he's close by. Once they are fully asleep, survivors are susceptible to traps and fake pallets (of which there are very few now for some oddball reason), but that's it. There's literally nothing special to the dream world, or the character at all anymore. The dream world is what gives Freddy his power, and yet he plays no differently. Which begs the question, what's the point in being partially awake? You can see Freddy regardless and be attacked anyway, so what's the point?

In the end it's just disappointing to see something special stripped of all of its uniqueness.

Comments

  • There isn't. Not anymore.

    Freddy was completely ruined in July of 2019, and the fact that nothing has been done yet is genuinely concerning.

    I made it my personal mission to do my absolute best to bring his on-release version back to the Fog. I mention this precious killer at every opportunity, insist on his return whenever I can.

    Though...I admit to you, my friend...

    It is hard to keep talking when your words always fall on deaf ears.

    EDIT: I thank you for helping raise awareness about this matter.

    Here is a funny gift, as a sign of appreciation:

    image.png


  • @GeneralV said:

    There isn't. Not anymore.

    Freddy was completely ruined in July of 2019, and the fact that nothing has been done yet is genuinely concerning.

    I made it my personal mission to do my absolute best to bring his on-release version back to the Fog. I mention this precious killer at every opportunity, insist on his return whenever I can.

    Though...I admit to you, my friend...

    It is hard to keep talking when your words always fall on deaf ears.

    EDIT: I thank you for helping raise awareness about this matter.

    Here is a funny gift, as a sign of appreciation:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/DGTKT9ZAKBDA/image.png

    That is hysterical 🤣.

    What's ironic is that it seems like the biggest horror icons are what need a rework. I want to see Freddy go back to more of what he used to be, and Michael Myers desperately needs something, anything to help him compete in 2022.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Survivors in the dream world are oblivious and only hear a 32 meter non directional lullaby. This makes it easier for freddy to approach. More sleeping survivors also makes your teleport cooldown shorter.

    It might be non directional, but it's pretty easy to determine which direction he's approaching from. There's just not enough there in the dream world to warrant it existing.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2646217#Comment_2646217

    That is hysterical 🤣.

    What's ironic is that it seems like the biggest horror icons are what need a rework. I want to see Freddy go back to more of what he used to be, and Michael Myers desperately needs something, anything to help him compete in 2022.

    Knew you would like it :)

    The devs must listen to us on this one. Current Freddy's existence gives me nightmares (pun intended).

    If only it was up to me...Oh, if it was up to me...