Can you acknowledge Steam downtimes?

What is the reason that I have to endure your bad implementation of DC penalty? Steam started their usual Tuesday maintenance in my region and I got booted offline just when I started to my match as killer. What's the next thing I know? I get back online and boom. Another DC penalty on already existing penalties. Your system cannot even distinguish a genuine disconnection from a ragequit and you are brave enough to introduce this? People had to suffer cheaters that use 3rd party software to take advantage and keep the killer hostage in game and now this? Change this poorly designed DC penalty system to something better. I'm sick of this crap

Untitled.jpg


Comments

  • No, it can't.

    If it could, that would be weirder.

  • @Tr1nity said:

    No, it can't.

    If it could, that would be weirder.

    I can't think another online game that has a bad dc penalty system as DbD. The DC penalty system should erase over time due to good behaviour. People shouldn't have to wait for days for DC penalty to reduce. Currently I should either not play or be lucky to not disconnect from a match for 5 straight days for DC penalty time to completely go away. (6hrs->1hr->30min->15min->5min) This is a very stupid design.

  • @DbDPlaya said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2642052#Comment_2642052

    I can't think another online game that has a bad dc penalty system as DbD. The DC penalty system should erase over time due to good behaviour. People shouldn't have to wait for days for DC penalty to reduce. Currently I should either not play or be lucky to not disconnect from a match for 5 straight days for DC penalty time to completely go away. (6hrs->1hr->30min->15min->5min) This is a very stupid design.

    "The DC penalty system should erase over time due to good behaviour."

    It does, to my understanding. As long as you keep playing games without DCing, the penalty should recede and eventually go away.

  • @DbDPlaya said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2642052#Comment_2642052

    I can't think another online game that has a bad dc penalty system as DbD. The DC penalty system should erase over time due to good behaviour. People shouldn't have to wait for days for DC penalty to reduce. Currently I should either not play or be lucky to not disconnect from a match for 5 straight days for DC penalty time to completely go away. (6hrs->1hr->30min->15min->5min) This is a very stupid design.

    6 hours is a bit extreme though. I'll be honest, I'm a fan of the odd cheeky D/C here and there, but it's never got above like 30 minutes. You can't really blame the steam downtime if you had already accrued D/Cs up to that time bracket!

    (Also generally steam downtimes are planned, so you could actually plan around them.

  • I'm sorry how much have you been DCing for you to get a 6 hour ban

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    I'm sorry how much have you been DCing for you to get a 6 hour ban

    I thought that was 6 minutes left on a 10 minute ban holy #########

  • @JPA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2642061#Comment_2642061

    6 hours is a bit extreme though. I'll be honest, I'm a fan of the odd cheeky D/C here and there, but it's never got above like 30 minutes. You can't really blame the steam downtime if you had already accrued D/Cs up to that time bracket!

    (Also generally steam downtimes are planned, so you could actually plan around them.

    It was 1 hour the last time I dc'd when I had a cheater in the game and today the Steam downtime cucked me. How is it that the BHVR cannot implement a system that acknowledges Steam downtimes. It is Valve that is booting people offline and BHVR automated system is slapping another DC penalty.

  • @DbDPlaya said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2642068#Comment_2642068

    It was 1 hour the last time I dc'd when I had a cheater in the game and today the Steam downtime cucked me. How is it that the BHVR cannot implement a system that acknowledges Steam downtimes. It is Valve that is booting people offline and BHVR automated system is slapping another DC penalty.

    It goes from 1 hour to 6?

  • 5min->15min->30min->1hr->6hrs->12hrs->24hrs and I don't know beyond that. The most I got was 12 hours when the system was first implemented. I would assume it doubles as you go beyond 24 hours. The thing is, I should not play the game or get lucky for 5 straight days for penalty to go back to 0. That's a problem.

  • @DbDPlaya said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2642077#Comment_2642077

    5min->15min->30min->1hr->6hrs->12hrs->24hrs and I don't know beyond that. The most I got was 12 hours when the system was first implemented. I would assume it doubles as you go beyond 24 hours. The thing is, I should not play the game or get lucky for 5 straight days for penalty to go back to 0. That's a problem.

    How many times do you need to DC to get to 6 hours?

  • It depends. If you start from clean, sometimes your first DC may not even count so it can start from your 2nd time DCing with a 5 min dc ban. And next time you dc it increases again and again. But there were times that I got the same amount of DC ban time upon DCing in a row. For instance I DC I get 5 min and I DC again the next match it gives me 5 mins again instead of 15 mins.


    So in a perfect world, 5 times of DCing should get you 6 hours of DC penalty time. But even the DC penalty system isn't accurately working as intended...

  • 5, 5, 15, 15, 30, hour, hour, 6 hours

    from my friends experience (30 and onwards) and mine (up to 15)

    about 8

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2642084#Comment_2642084

    5, 5, 15, 15, 30, hour, hour, 6 hours

    from my friends experience (30 and onwards) and mine (up to 15)

    about 8

    Ohkay, thanks

  • @OhEtsu said:

    If you weren't DCing before that, it would only be 5 minutes that would've been over once you restarted your game. Your fault for DCing so much.

    There's always that person finds true meaning in life being captain obvious, right? You go on captain, save more threads in other posts!