When you think you'll play one game and will be a nice Killer...
Lobby loads, obvious 2 man SWF, they have a name tag so they're not hiding it at least.
I won't be that guy and lobby dodge.
Game loads up, map offering.
Guess I'll just not play tonight then.
Comments
Yeah very often if you think you should, and don't, you do regret it. I guess I have some respect for the people that have tags in their name, because at least they are presenting the fact they are teamed up. Typically those types of SWF will play well but will also play in a non-toxic manner.
If you see an extremely obvious SWF, you should be prepared for anything.
Yeah fair, I dunno map offerings still just trigger me hard lol
Why tho?
Map offerings are alright.
Depends on the map. IMO they should have never added map offerings and just left it up to RNG to determine. But it works both ways, if I see an SWF thats clear and blatantly trolling from the lobby I'll throw on an RPD map just out of spite.
because I find the game to already be survivor sided, so when I'm playing against a team who also wants to select the map (and then no doubt tailor all their perk builds to the map) I just find it to be very... dishonourable I guess.
Not to mention map offerings are fundamentally broken with SWF because a team can just rotate through their offerings which a single Killer cannot match the pace of with the offering to block map offerings.
lol good idea, might try that one. Probably would backfire on me though as I'm not great at the map, but as long as no one is having fun lol
Depends on the killer and the players, tbh.
I've seen teams use Old Ormond offerings...only to return defeated.
I've had that but its not about SWF or anything game related its purely me.
I go into the game thinking this one, yep this one, I'll just have a laugh and get a few BBQ stacks and that will be that.
By mid game with 1-2k and one down or on the hook I'm a salavating monster looking for that 3rd-4th kill.
Its like Jekyll and Hyde. I get to the endgame and think what just happened?
I wouldn't say survivor sided. But definitely you are more pressured to get kills than you are to complete gens throughout most of the game.
It makes killer feel lackluster and survivor feel a bit too safe. Which kindas goes against the whole theme of the game.
Yeah true, I've had games with offerings which ended up being very easy. Sometimes you forget that new players are in the game, and it might be an innocent potato survivor who didn't even know what Strode Realty Key is.
Just the bad memories from SWF are so long its hard not to react to the offering
Because a lot of map offerings are to the same places and I like variety. Honestly if the devs removed all the map offerings tomorrow I'd be perfectly fine with it.
Yeah.
I don't normally dodge lobbies, but I did it for the first time in a long time tonight when I saw someone with an obviously racist name and I just thought "no matter how well the game goes, this person's going to retroactively ruin my fun."
Gideonfunham
I only ever use RPD badges on Nemi, and only when there's at least one RE survivor in the lobby.
Night is where the SWF comes out to play. At least in my experience, whenever I play this game at anytime except night it's always been easy 4Ks
Well... Night is when the queues are reasonable, so it makes no difference to me.
Yea I hate when I decide to play killer and say to myself I’ll make it fun for the survivors by giving them a nice chill game of “spreading the love all around” so they dont get stressed or feel tunneled, only to run into some smurfin 3 man SWF clicking their flashlights and teabagging. I took all my good perks & add-ons off for this??
I personally never dc, even if they put Haddonfield as map offering, but in case they started to bring nasty stuff or they play in a unfun way, you can bet that I'll do EVERYTHING to gave them what they seek...
I didn't DC, I just purposefully played terribly.
Yes it is always the case at night. It's just a bit of a shame that daytime = absolute stomping 4Ks at 5gens, and then night time is an absolute sweat fest if I even want to get a single kill :(
Yep I agree. To be fair its probably hard to have a game that is "horror" that you play all the time, even if survivor was scary at first, when its a game you are playing 2-5 hours a day, its gonna become normal. Ideally the game wouldn't be "stressful" for either party, but I agree its very odd that playing the hunter is such a nightmare compared to the hunted.