Nintendo Switch Needs Bots

Okay, let's be realistic here, Switch is always going to play horribly. Even if the game is optimized so it runs at a stable 15 fps on Switch, it'll always have its issues.

Killer is practically unplayable on Switch. I only play half the game because it is so abominably bad. In order to have a chance to actually complete some of these Tome challenges, I've turned off cross-play... and the wait time went from instant to, well, so far it's been over 20 30 60 minutes and I'm still waiting for my first match with cross-play off. It is not reasonable.

If killer is never going to be halfway decent on Switch, at least add bots to pad out the queue if cross-play is disabled. This is horribly frustrating in every way. Of all the platforms, Switch is at the biggest disadvantage; players should be able to turn off cross-play and still get a match.

Give Switch players something, for god's sake. The game is barely playable. We have no hope for optimization, no cross-progression in the near future. Bots are probably the easiest thing to add, so please, do something.

Even bots with AI like Nemesis's zombies will probably be difficult to catch; they really don't need to be very good when the fps is in the single digits, the responsiveness feels like swimming in molasses, and the maps are so dark.


Edit: It's been over 60 minutes waiting for a killer match with cross-play off. I give up.

Comments

  • As an update, I turned cross-play back on, got an instant match... and I was miserable every moment of it. Absolutely miserable. After many awful matches, I gave up on the Tome challenges for tonight.

    This is not a matter of ability. I completed all the Tome challenges on PS4. Playing killer on Switch is broken down to the most fundamental level. If survivors so much as turn, there's a very good chance an attempted hit will miss. This isn't about killer powers or anything; the most basic elements of playing killer are painful and frustrating.

    If we can't get optimization and we can't get cross-progression, then please devs show you care even a little about Switch players and at least give us bots to play against.