Idea to make the corrective action perk more usable

Hi guys, this time I'm bringing some ideas that might leave perk of the new surv with some extra options in its use, it is more than noticeable than this perk will only be used to either do adept or missions of any TOME that may come.

I also want to make it very clear that I'm not a "survivor side", I actually like it a lot. of playing Doctor and Trapper (and a Myers from time to time), my idea here is to leave things at least usable, as the DBD has a lot of unused stuff (mainly killer perks I've already posted ideas too), but let's go to this perk:


-Buff: function works for any skillcheck that other survs miss (including DS) at the cost of a token, the survivor's aura is shown to you for 5 seconds

-Add/Buff: The perk effect has a range of up to 32 meters (value to be adjusted)


I still think this perk will be of low use even with my ideas, but at least it won't be as situational as before.

Comments

  • *misses DS*

    Jonah in the corner with this buffed Corrective Action:

    11073913.jpg


  • Perk would be okay if it was a year ago when Ruin had a skillcheck that people couldn't hit lmao.

  • @Myla said:

    Perk would be okay if it was a year ago when Ruin had a skillcheck that people couldn't hit lmao.

    It wouldn't work, because the old ruin needed to be great skillchecks, this perk just fixes wrong skillchecks turning them into good skillchecks, using this perk on the old ruin would still regress the generator, it just wouldn't blow up the generator.

  • I don’t know how good or bad Corrective Action will turn out to be once it goes live, but I do think a lot of people are overlooking how often even skilled survivors accidentally miss skill checks when they abruptly let go of a generator right as a skill check appears. Just ask yourself how often as a survivor or killer you’ve seen an explosion on a generator right as a killer approaches and the survivors scatter. This perk greatly reduces the risk of that happening assuming the perk holder is the last to let go of the generator.

    Mind you, outside of that high skill survivors never miss skill checks so the perk isn’t probably going to do much in normal gen repair. But depending on how often those unexpected sudden misses above occur it could make the perk a quality of life one for players who get really frustrated by those mishaps. (As well as maybe making life in solo survivor queue less stressful when paired up with a lower skill survivor who misses a skill check.)

  • I think corrective action should just work as well when healing with another survivor or if they heal you. But imagine combining this perk with prove thyself and you dont have to worry about ur teammates missing skillchecks while getting that fast repair

  • @JoaoVanBlizzard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2636850#Comment_2636850

    It wouldn't work, because the old ruin needed to be great skillchecks, this perk just fixes wrong skillchecks turning them into good skillchecks, using this perk on the old ruin would still regress the generator, it just wouldn't blow up the generator.

    Yeah but they could adjust this perk to be more line with the old ruin because there's just isn't really any place for this perk at all. I doubt even beginners would constantly fail easy as hell skill checks that you'll need help from a buddy aside from maybe their first time repairing a generator.

  • This would be fine, aside from the DS skill check you mentioned

  • I say they should add that it should turn Teammates Good skillchecks into Great skillchecks & give a 1/2/3% extra bonus to those Teammates Skillchecks

  • @Myla said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2636871#Comment_2636871

    Yeah but they could adjust this perk to be more line with the old ruin because there's just isn't really any place for this perk at all. I doubt even beginners would constantly fail easy as hell skill checks that you'll need help from a buddy aside from maybe their first time repairing a generator.

    Maybe they could do that, but it would give the perk an extra function, not that it was a problem, but I don't think that was the idea, because the old ruin no longer exists.