Is it me?.....

Why do 4%s ALWAYS happen as soon as the entire team gets out played?

I don't understand. They destroy the gens then endgame comes and they potato and get 4 man slugged and then get a free hook escape.

Comments

  • If you are doing well and getting a lot of hooks and making it difficult for people to try rescues, then those are the matches where a survivor will bother trying to pull themselves off a hook. If you're not doing well and not getting hooks and people are getting rescued then they won't try for the 4% self-save.

    So it's not surprising that most of the matches you see a 4% pulled off are the ones where you're dominating.

  • I'll need to find it, but one time a dev said that the 4% isn't always exactly 4% there are some conditions that increases that chance like everyone is hooked/slugged.

  • @dugman said:

    If you are doing well and getting a lot of hooks and making it difficult for people to try rescues, then those are the matches where a survivor will bother trying to pull themselves off a hook. If you're not doing well and not getting hooks and people are getting rescued then they won't try for the 4% self-save.

    So it's not surprising that most of the matches you see a 4% pulled off are the ones where you're dominating.

    I was not dominating though. I got bullied all game. I finally caught someone defended the hook they all went down and boom unbreakable I chase the Unbreakable and poof Kobe!! (Not Deliverance) .

  • @IsMmrReal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2635723#Comment_2635723

    I was not dominating though. I got bullied all game. I finally caught someone defended the hook they all went down and boom unbreakable I chase the Unbreakable and poof Kobe!! (Not Deliverance) .

    Ah, sorry, my bad, I misread your post I think.

    Yeah, bad luck that. 🤷‍♂️

  • It's not just you at all , i've been notice that a looong time ago . theres always gonna be a free hook-escape despite there already being a perk for survivors to do that , but that isnt enough . survivors have to be pacified & pampered so the co$metic bucks can keep rolling in . so yeah , expect one to unhook everytime during endgame . the game isn't for killers at all , you're just there to give four friends a good time, like a hired punching bag.

  • @IsMmrReal said:

    Why do 4%s ALWAYS happen as soon as the entire team gets out played?

    I don't understand. They destroy the gens then endgame comes and they potato and get 4 man slugged and then get a free hook escape.

    If you're slugging for the 4k after the survivors have rushed the gens (and have yet to get a hook), all survivors will have 3 attempts. It doesn't really happen in normal gameplay since no one on the hook attempts escape - it only really happens in dire situations.