I am not anti noed and I think it's fine as is, but here's a suggestion

Many of the main complains survivors that doesn't do bones complain about is that noed can reward bad killers with kills they didn't deserve, which is FAIR, if the killer got looped for 5 gens well they don't deserve 2-3 kills because of noed, that's fair, but also when a killer did well with 7+ hooks and got noed, they still deserve it, they did well during the match and it gives them a boost at the end to get 1 or more kills.


Most definitely someone already made this suggestion, but here's what I came up with.


Noed is no longer a hex perk.

Every 2 hooks noed gains a token, the more hooks you get the more use you'll get of noed later

Once noed triggers at the end game, if you have 1 or more tokens noed will activate and work the same way it does now

Every hit you give on healty survivor will consuse 1 token, hitting injured survivors will not consume tokens

Noed stays active until you run out of tokens


This way the killer will get value out of noed depending of how well they did during the match and the better they did the more rewarded they are at the end game and if they did really poorly they barely get value out of it.

Comments

  • If survivors left gens every once in a while and tickled the skeletons, then there wouldn't be a noed left

  • @TeabaggingGhostface said:

    If survivors left gens every once in a while and tickled the skeletons, then there wouldn't be a noed left

    I absolutely agree

  • @Kiikii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/294419/i-am-not-anti-noed-and-i-think-its-fine-as-is-but-heres-a-suggestion

    Same could be said for a immune state by a skill called dead hard. Survivors also don't deserve to have so many loops over 20 meters, most bones are taken care of by boons, an basic everyday play and remembering one or two locations of totems such as near a gen, to which is where it most likely will be. But doesn't mean it isn't fair for both ends.

    DH is the most unfair perk and I want it nerfed dead to the ground

  • @TeabaggingGhostface said:

    If survivors left gens every once in a while and tickled the skeletons, then there wouldn't be a noed left

    Well, we can do totems and die after you've camped three people out of the game with now 5 gens left, cause we used the only time we had breaking totems.

    As long as you can face camp people, there *needs* to be a way to pop gens and leave. Besides, we do that soon, and you get Uber totems.

  • @Feyd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2634592#Comment_2634592

    Well, we can do totems and die after you've camped three people out of the game with now 5 gens left, cause we used the only time we had breaking totems.

    As long as you can face camp people, there *needs* to be a way to pop gens and leave. Besides, we do that soon, and you get Uber totems.

    Well if we're throwing baseless accusations around, we'll stop camping and tunneling when you stop genrushing and teabagging at the exit and telling us to end ours lives in endgame chat.

    Oh you don't do that? Funny that.

  • @Kiikii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2634959#Comment_2634959

    It's probably the biggest reason I can literally lose a whole match, someone who should have been hooked avoided it until another pallet and then gens popped I think it's the only thing that should be disabled to see how well it balances the game I think people would be shocked and survivors SWF specifically would have to get even better.

    I couldn't agree more, we disabled DH for 3 days to see how survivors can perform without this broken unfair perk

  • I would only make NOED proc the moment the exit gates are powered.

  • My prefered NOED rework would have the game snapshot the number of totems still standing once the final gen is done. You get 1 token per totem, and each token = 1 instadown.

    This way, NOED is limited in how much it can be used, but it's not all-or-nothing and can't be cleansed once active.

    For example if survivors cleanse all totems before the final gen, no NOED. But if they cleanse 4 totems, you get 1 free instadown, and if they only cleanse 1 totem, you get 4 free instadowns, which can't be avoided by cleansing the totem, once you have the tokens they're yours to spend.

    To make it more 'earned' or 'skill based', the token could be spent on the attack, not the hit, so missing a swing would consume the token and cost you an instadown.

    Boons and Rekindled totems would count.

  • Personally I would change NOED to expose only survivors who have been previously hooked at least once. This way it wouldn't reward killers who use it to secure a second kill after camping all match (as I see it used often), but would rather reward not tunneling.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    I would only make NOED proc the moment the exit gates are powered.

    the perk would be totally useless then

  • No this way survivors wouldn’t be surprised attack with it.

  • @Dumpstick said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/294419/i-am-not-anti-noed-and-i-think-its-fine-as-is-but-heres-a-suggestion

    I don't care if the killer gets 4k after getting looped for 5 gens. All's fair in my book. If we got done in by NoEd we deserved it. NoED is perfectly fine as it is.

    I don't like your suggestion, I like catch-up mechanics. The killer is already getting kicked while he's down, NoEd should help him catch up. If he was doing well in the match NoEd becomes a "Win More" button under your suggestion. The game doesn't need "Win More" buttons it needs "catch up mechanics" on both sides.

    This is why I've always been against the Key and Hatch Nerfs, the hatch has always been a "catchup mechanic" and so were keys, they were perfectly fine as they were. A lot of people think Keys are the equivalent of Moris, they aren't. The equivalent of Moris were nerfed a long time ago -- Brand New Parts. Keys aren't an equivalent of Moris -- they are an analogue to NoEd.

    People think the survivor equivalent of NoEd is Adrenaline, but IMO the closer equivalent of NoEd are the keys. They are both catchup mechanics designed to help out the losing team.

    I think noed is fine the way it is, I said it, this is a simple suggestion on a compromise, the better you do the more value you get, the worse you do the less you get