This game has trash maps
The rotten corn map If you play the shape you can't stalk survivors through the corn field unless they are in front of you. If you play the Hag you can't see anything because the corn is higher than you. If you play the pig you can't stealth because you can't see anything. The new spirit map sucks because the colors are so dark and the grass is so high you can't see anything. The pig map sucks for survivors because if the killer is above you you keep hearing his heartbeat all the time.
And every other map has its share of suckness.
I have been playing for 3 months and already feel I've had enough. Don't know how people have been through this for more than 2 years.
Hire people who know how to design balanced maps.
Comments
The map design is actually a big point of problem for the game. However, not for any of the reasons you mentioned except for the Myers one. Those things are not the real issues.
It sounds like more of a problem with your intuition judging from the reasons you listed, no offense. 3 months is nothing in a game like this.
the trapper is good on that map.
I personally appreciate all the maps, but I'd like a richer group of maps for every realm except the original three (MacMillan, Coldwind, Autohaven): I say, at least three and at most five maps for every realm.